Are you set to finish your MBBS from overseas and debating the specialization to pursue in your post-graduation? This perplexity takes over most MBBS grads’ thoughts, and they brainstorm on the matter. Whatever medical sector you select, new doors of opportunity open up for medical students after completing their MBBS overseas, allowing them to contribute to the medical industry meaningfully.
It goes without saying that obtaining a foreign MBBS degree will benefit your medical career. Nonetheless, a post-graduate degree in your chosen field will surely help your professional career in the future. So, carefully considering post-graduate specialization after MBBS from overseas is essential if you want to accomplish your long-held ambition of being a successful doctor.
Best Specializations After MBBS in Abroad
To be more specific, graduates with an MBBS degree and one year of internship can pursue post-graduate medical courses lasting 2-3 years, such as:
Specializations in Medicine (MD) Following MBBS Abroad
- Pathology Doctor of Medicine (MD): It is a three-year postgraduate medical school in medicine and illness diagnostics that teaches histology, morbid anatomy, haematology, and cytology. The Doctor of Medicine in Pathology degree provides in-depth information to cope with diagnostic issues, examinations, and interpretations in clinical pathology, microbiology, transfusion medicine, and other related fields. An MBBS graduate who wishes to pursue post-graduate studies as an M.D. in Pathology must have graduated at least 50% from an MCI-recognized medical university overseas.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in General Medicine: This three-year postgraduate medical program aims to produce physicians with the necessary abilities and expertise to diagnose diseases cost-effectively apply for this PG program after MBBS, candidates must have finished MBBS from a recognized university with at least 50% and a one-year mandatory internship.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Pediatrics: Pediatricians are doctors who specialize in the medical treatment of children. It is a three-year post-graduate medical program that requires an MBBS degree from a recognized university as well and year a required internship following graduation.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Microbiology: Microbiologists are MBBS graduates with a postgraduate degree in microbiology. This three-year medical program teaches students microbiology to reduce the spread of infectious illnesses in communities. The curriculum of the program includes theoretical and practical expertise in virology, bacteriology, immunology, parasitology, and mycology. Any MBBS graduate who applies for this program must have an MBBS degree from a recognized university and one year of the internship experience.
- Anatomy Doctor of Medicine (MD): Anatomy is the study of a person, and the doctor who studies it is known as an anatomist. M.D. in Anatomy is a three-year post-graduate degree that provides a broad knowledge of the complete human body shape to the molecular levant as a detailed comprehension of its functioning. Candidates who wish to pursue an M.D. in Anatomy after completing their MBBS from an MCI-recognized university must complete a one-year mandatory internship after their MBBS.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Cardiology: Cardiology is the study of the heart in depth. Any MBBS graduate who completes this three-year post-graduate program will be able to identify and treat heart-related difficulties in their patients, such as coronary heart disease, congenital heart defects, electrophysiology, and valvular heart illnesses. This post-graduate program is open to any applicant having an MBBS degree from an MCI-recognized university plus a year of internship.
- Radiology Doctor of Medicine (MD): Radiology covers radiation diagnostics and therapy. This 3-year post-graduate medical education has developed as one of the most popular specialities following MBBS, comprising MRIs, X-rays, ultrasounds, and Computed Tomography (CT) scans. It teaches students how to perform and evaluate a variety of diagnostic imaging investigations. Candidates must have an MBBS degree to apply; furthermore, practitioners with 10+ years of clinical experience can apply for this post-graduate medical program.
Master of Surgery (MS) Specializations Following an Abroad MBBS
- Master of Surgery (MS) in Pediatric Surgery: This two-year postgraduate program prepares candidates to conduct surgery on young patients such as fetuses, newborns, children, adolescents, and teenagers. It also provides significant training in pediatric subspecialties such as rheumatology, pulmonary medicine, gastrointestinal, and endocrinology. To apply for this course, you must have an MBBS degree with at least a 55% graduation rate, a one-year required internship, and, in some situations, 12 months of professional experience.
- Master of Surgery (MS) in Cardiac Surgery: An M.S. in cardiac surgery is a two-year post-graduate medical degree that focuses on the surgical treatment of disorders affecting the organs of the thorax, heart, and lungs. The course focuses on providing candidates for cardiac surgery with complete training. The program focuses on building the necessary abilities in candidates for secondary and tertiary level cardiac surgical practice. Candidates must have a strong background in fundamental and applied medical sciences, cardiac critical care, cardiac surgical care, emergency departments, and other surgical fields.
- Master of Surgery (MS) in Ophthalmology: This is a two-year post-graduate medical program that focuses on the advanced study of anatomy, physiology, and eye disease. Gross anatomy, orbital and ocular anatomy, ocular physiology, histology, biochemistry, microbiology, and immunology are all covered in this course. This course provides chances for ophthalmologic research in clinical surgery, such as utilizing an operating microscope, fine microsurgery, vitreoretinal surgery, or intraocular eye surgery.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Master of Surgery (MS): This two-year postgraduate degree program focuses on female reproductive organs whether they are pregnant or not. Candidates who want to do this course must have a minimum of 50% in their MBBS.
The Concluding Words:
You might feel prepared with several specialities accessible to follow after your MBBS overseas. After being accepted into one of the best medical colleges in the world to study MBBS overseas, you will have little trouble settling on a desired medical specialty for post-graduation. Simply assess your interests and preferences to choose the appropriate medical specialist for your post-graduate degree.
The A R Group Of Education simplifies the application process for MBBS admissions abroad for students striving to be successful doctors. The initial counselling sessions provided by in-house counsellors settle all types of student concerns and questions, removing the clouds of confusion that linger over their brains. Furthermore, the faculties at our affiliated medical colleges overseas will assist you in determining desired medical speciality that you wish to follow in your post-graduate studies for a successful career in the medical sector.