30 MBBS institutes with a total of 5075 MBBS seats are located in Rajasthan. Of the total number of MBBS seats available in Rajasthan in 2023, 3425 will be filled by government medical schools there, while 1650 will be filled by private medical schools. There are 1840 spaces available in the aforementioned courses at 15 medical universities where students can pursue an MD, MS, or diploma. Similar to this, there are opportunities for super-specialized study in 10 colleges in Punjab that provide 254 places for DM/MCH programs.
In Rajasthan, 15% of seats are set up for AIQ Counseling while 85% are designated for State Counseling. Rajasthan, a state in northern India, holds immense significance in the field of medical science. The region is home to numerous renowned medical institutions, hospitals, and research centres that cater to the healthcare needs of its vast population. With a strong focus on medical education and training, Rajasthan offers a conducive environment for aspiring medical professionals to pursue their careers. The state’s medical facilities showcase advancements in various specialities, including cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics, and more, ensuring that residents and visitors have access to quality healthcare services.
Overview of Rajasthan
|Area||342,239 square kilometers|
|Population||Approximately 79.2 million (as of 2021)|
|Other Languages||Rajasthani, Marwari, Mewari, Dhundhari, and more|
|Major Cities||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota, Bikaner, Ajmer|
|State Animal||Camel (Ship of the Desert)|
|State Bird||Great Indian Bustard|
Rajasthan Private Medical Colleges Fees
In the table below you can find the Total Tuition Fees, MBBS intake, and Establishment Year for every private Medical College.
|COLLEGE||ESTD. YEAR||STATE QUOTA||MANAGEMENT QUOTA|
|AMERICAN INST. OF MED. SC, UDAIPUR||2016||1890000||28,00,000|
|ANANTA INSTITUTE OF MED. SC, BAJSAMAND||2016||1890000||24,00,000|
|GEETANJALI MC, UDAIPUR||–||21,00,000||2800000|
|INU INSTITUTE FOR MED. SC. & RC, JAIPUR||2016||21,60,000||25,50,000|
|MAHATMA GANDHI MED COLL. JAIPUR||2001||15,00,000||26,75,000|
|PACIFIC INSTI OF MED SC, UDAIPUR||2015||2100000||3500000|
|PACIFIC MED COLLEGE AHOS, UDAIPUR||2014||24,50,000||28,50,000|
|DR SS TANTIA MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL||2021||19,75,000||26,75,000|
Private Medical Colleges Vs MBBS Abroad
The MBBS abroad program has many advantages over private medical college studies in India. To understand the values we obtain in MBBS Abroad on numerous vital aspects, which are essential before choosing the proper path. MBBS abroad programs and private medical colleges have distinct characteristics, and students need to consider these factors when making their choice.
- University Type: MBBS abroad programs offer both public and private universities for medical education.
- World Ranking: Many foreign universities providing MBBS programs have global rankings and reputations.
- Recognition: These universities are recognized by prestigious organizations such as WHO, WFME, ECFMG, US GMC, UK medical councils, and other international medical bodies.
- Teaching Experience: Some universities abroad have been established for several decades and have extensive teaching experience.
- Tuition Fee 5/6 Years: The tuition fees for MBBS abroad programs are generally more affordable, ranging from 3-5 Lacs per year.
- Global Exposure: MBBS abroad offers a highly diverse student population, allowing students to interact with peers from different countries and cultures.
- Teaching Methodology: MBBS programs abroad often employ small group teaching with 15-20 students per batch, and there are regular tests after each conceptual class.
- Grading of Academics: The European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is commonly used for grading and academic credit transfer.
- Opportunities for Global Medical PG: Graduates from MBBS abroad programs have opportunities to pursue postgraduate medical education in countries like the US, Canada, Gulf region, UK, and various European countries, including India.
- Patient Interaction: Students in MBBS abroad programs usually have moderate to high exposure to patient interaction.
- Affiliated Hospitals: These universities have tie-ups with multiple hospitals, providing exposure to different medical specialities.
Private Medical Colleges in India
- University Type: Private medical colleges in India are typically privately owned institutions.
- World Ranking: World rankings for private medical colleges in India may not be available or as prominent as for foreign universities.
- Recognition: Private medical colleges in India are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and may have limited international recognition.
- Teaching Experience: Some private medical colleges in India may have been established recently, resulting in a relatively shorter teaching experience.
- Tuition Fee 5/6 Years: Tuition fees for private medical colleges in India can be relatively higher, ranging from 8-15 Lacs per year.
- Global Exposure: Private medical colleges in India may have limited global exposure, with a primarily local or national student population.
- Teaching Methodology: Teaching methodology may involve larger batches of students, typically ranging from 100-150 students per batch.
- Grading of Academics: Grading systems in private medical colleges often follow the university-level system, and some may adopt Competency-Based Medical Education (CBME).
- Opportunities for Global Medical PG: While graduates from private medical colleges in India can pursue postgraduate medical education, the options are primarily within India.
- Patient Interaction: Patient interaction in private medical colleges in India may vary but could be comparatively lower than in MBBS abroad programs.
- Affiliated Hospitals: Private medical colleges usually have their affiliated college hospitals for practical training and clinical exposure.
NEET-UG Exam dates 2023
On Sunday, May 7, 2023, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will administer the NEET (UG) 2023 test in pen and paper format. The test will function as a standard entrance exam for MBBS admission as well as other undergraduate medical programs like BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS.
|NEET exam notification||15th Dec 2022|
|NEET application form date||March 23|
|Last date to submit form||April 23|
|NEET UG Admit Card Release||4th May 2023|
|NEET Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|NEET Result||13th June 2023|
NEET-UG 2023 Cut Off
Like previous years, the NEET (UG) Cut off for qualification will be 50 percentile for candidates from General category. Often the candidates confuse percentage with percentile system in this exam.
|Category||Cut-off Percentile||NEET 2021||NEET 2022||NEET 2023|
|General (PwD)||45th percentile||122||105||121|
|SC/ST/OBC (PwD)||40th percentile||108||93||107|
NEET PG Cutoff 2023
You may forecast the NEET PG Categories-wise cutoff for 2023 using the information regarding the NBE NEET PG 2023 expected cutoff that is provided in this section. Let’s look at it.
Category Minimum Qualifying/Eligibility Criteria Cut-off (Out of 800)
General / EWS 50th percentile 291
General-PwBD 45th percentile 274
SC/ST/ OBC (Including PwBD of SC/ST/OBC) 40th percentile 257
Rajasthan NEET-UG Counselling 2023 Dates
Both the All India Counseling and the State Counseling of Rajasthan allocate seats in phases. This is owing to the fact that many seats become available as a result of students quitting their jobs because they didn’t get accepted to the colleges of their choice, couldn’t afford the tuition, or couldn’t provide documentation of the category they applied under, among other reasons. All such seats become available for the subsequent rounds once the deadlines for reporting to the college, making fee deposits, and submitting documentation have passed. The information about the counseling rounds used for MBBS Seat Allocation in All India and State Counseling is provided in the table below.
|Announcement of Counseling Dates 2023||11th July|
|All India Quota seats in Rajasthan / Deemed Universities/Central Universities (Round-1) 2023||15th-26th July|
|All India Quota seats in Rajasthan / Deemed Universities/Central Universities (Round-2) 2023||8th-18th Aug|
|All India Quota seats in Rajasthan / Deemed Universities/Central Universities (Mop Up Round) 2023||31st Aug – 6th Sept|
|All India Quota seats in Rajasthan / Deemed Universities/Central Universities (Stray Round) 2023||18th Sept – 23rd Sept|
|Rajasthan State Counseling 2023 (Round-1 /Round-2 / Mop Up/ Stray Round)||15th July- 15th Sept|
They offered quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MD – Radio Diagnosis||6|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||6|
|MD – General Medicine||6|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MS – General Surgery||6|
|MS – Orthopaedics||6|
|MS – Otorhinolaryngology||2|
|MS – Ophthalmology||3|
|MS – Obstetrics and Gynaecology||6|
|MD – Paediatrics||6|
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3|
|MD – Pathology||4|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Pharmacology||3|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4|
|MD – Physiology||3|
This selection will let you know about the MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look:
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine; Pathology; Pharmacology; Microbiology; Clinical postings inwards; OPDs to begin here|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine; Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics); Clinical postings|
These are the subjects which the students are provided to perform their internship while pursuing their undergraduate course:-
|Subjects||Compulsory Time Duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae., including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics, including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
The Admission Process
Candidates must pass the NEET UG exam in order to be considered for admission to medical colleges in India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers this exam, which is used as a standard entrance exam for medical programmes at numerous institutions around the nation. Candidates must obtain the minimum qualifying marks required by the NTA in order to be considered for additional admissions procedures.
MBBS Admission Process:
- Qualify the NEET UG entrance exam
- Check NTA NEET eligibility criteria
- Participate in Rajasthan NEET counselling
- Complete Seat allotment process
- Undergo document verification
- Make the necessary fee payment to confirm admission
MD/MS Admission Process:
- Qualify the NEET PG entrance exam
- Participate in Rajasthan NEET PG counselling
- Undergo Seat allotment process
- Verification of the documents
- Make the necessary fee payment to confirm admission
Mentioned below the eligibility of MBBS and MD/MS courses:
- Completion of the 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Possession of an MBBS degree or its equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have successfully completed the MBBS course.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
For UG Candidates
- NEET UG Admit Card
- NEET UG Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET PG Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
How to Register for Rajasthan NEET UG Counselling 2023
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of MED, Rajasthan, where you will find the application form for MBBS admission.
- Fill in the Form: Provide all the necessary details in the application form, including your personal information and academic history. Make sure to be accurate and thorough while filling out the form.
- Unique Registration ID and Password: After successfully filling out the form, you will receive a unique registration ID and password. Keep this information safe, as you will need it for further steps in the application process.
- Complete the Application Process: Use the provided registration ID and password to proceed with the application process. This may involve uploading documents, selecting preferences, and other required steps.
- Attention to Detail: Pay close attention to the details you enter to avoid any mistakes or errors. Meticulousness is crucial as inaccuracies may lead to the rejection of your application.
We at The A R Group Of Education guide you on each step of your journey and help you to connect the bricks to get a better future for you. We have highly skilled experts with an experience of more than 10 years in this field to guide you choose the correct colleges for MBBS in Rajasthan. Hence, you may consult us to clear any kind of dilemma regarding your career.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):