A skillfully crafted career is crucial to living an extraordinary life. This happens only if you do what you love & love what you do and have the best guidance. These are the basics of excelling in any field. There are many lucrative career options available in India to select from MBBS ranks the top among them. To secure admission to MBBS in India one has to go through a lot of complicated admission procedures. Obtaining coaching for NEET, burning the midnight oil and preparing for the exam, clearing & getting through the cut-throat competition, securing the highest marks and after all these, maximum students face rejections just because they have scored only one mark less than the cut-off. How frustrating it would be! But this failure shouldn’t shatter your dream of becoming a doctor as, where there is a will there is a way! The way we are referring here is MBBS in China. It is one of the best options in terms of cost, quality of education, and credibility of the degree.
1) Studying MBBS in China is quite popular among Indian students for its low-cost high-quality medical education since 1996. More than 7000 doctors have returned to India after completing their MBBS from China over the last 25 years. At present, more than 10,000 Indian students are pursuing their MBBS in China.
2) As compared to the other East European countries like Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Belarus, etc. the cost of studying MBBS in China is quite low and affordable for Indian students. The climate of China falls below 0 degrees in winters however, premium infrastructure facilities have been provided. All the colleges, accommodation facilities, cars, and cabs are fully equipped with heaters which keep you warm.
3)There are around 87 medical universities out of which the top 50 medical colleges are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
4)There are more than 15 universities in China offering MBBS in English medium.
5) Some of the top medical universities in China are approved by many other international organizations like the Medical Council of Canada, etc.
6) The best thing about pursuing MBBS in China is the low student-teacher ratio. This ensures personal attention towards the student with a high-quality education.
7) China universities and science labs are equipped with modern instruments, equipment, and devices. This advanced infrastructure help students to be technologically rejuvenated. The students of China universities don’t lag in any way
MBBS in China.
1) The duration of MBBS in China is 5.8 years, out of which, the student is required to complete 1 year of internship in India after completion of the course and clearing the FMGE/ NEXT Exam. Also, the admission process is quite easy. Therefore, Indian students prefer studying MBBS in China over other countries.
2) The China Medical universities are certified by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC); recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of China; certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG); registered with the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) and are also listed with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). These recognitions provide ample job opportunities anywhere throughout the world.
3) Indian students have to choose only from the colleges which are approved by MCI but this rule has changed since 2020; now Indian students can opt for any medical college anywhere in the world. But the students are suggested to check whether the universities & colleges are recognized by ECFMG which ensures them sufficient employment opportunities outside China as well.
4) The main hurdle while studying MBBS in China is the language barrier that students face there. Most colleges have bilingual programs and use the China language as their mode of communication. This creates barriers to thoroughly articulating the lessons. Therefore, students are advised by the MCI beforehand, to check the mode of education of the college before applying for it.
Eligibility criteria for pursuing MBBS in China
1) The applicant must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which he wishes to apply for MBBS in China.
2) The student should have cleared class 12th from a regular board with 50% in the PCB group for the general category. The minimum percentage required for backward and reserved categories is 40%.
3) Along with class 12th, the student must be qualified in NEET as well. The student is required to score a minimum of 50 percentile in NEET for general and 40 percentile for reserved categories.
4) Clearing any other language proficiency exam like TOEFL/IELTS is not mandatory for procuring admission for MBBS in China.
Cost of studying MBBS in China
Studying MBBS in China is always a better option than paying huge donations and fees to the private medical colleges in India. The cost of MBBS in China may vary as per the ranking, quality of education, infrastructure, and location of the university.
MCI/NMC-approved Medical colleges in China
The medical colleges mentioned below have approval from the National Medical Commission. After completing the medical degree from MCI/NMC-approved medical colleges in China, students can work in Indian hospitals.
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Anhui Medical University, Hefei
- Capital Medical University, Beijing
- China Medical University, Shenyang
- China Three Gorges University, Yichang
- Xiamen University, Xiamen
- Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an Jiaotong
- Wuhan University, Wuhan
- Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou
- Qingdao University, Qingdao
- Jilin University, Changchow
- Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing
- Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou
- Kunming Medical University, Kunming
- Ningxia Medical University, Ningxia
- Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou
- Shandong University Jinan, Shandong
- Hust University Wuhan,Hebei
- Xuzhou Medical University, Xuzhou
- Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou
- Dalian Medical University, Dalian
- Beihua University, Jilin
- Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing
- Guangxi Medical University, Guangxi
- Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang
Best Medical colleges in China for Indian Students
- Formed by the merger of different universities
- Located in 6 districts and 46 colleges
- Earlier, it was known as Northeast People’s University
Approved by 10+ medical organizations
Capital Medical University
- 26,000 Students and 20000 staffs
- Located in an Urban Area of the city
- Degree valid in India
Also known as Beijing Second Medical college
Wuhan Medical University
- Established in the year 1943 and in the year 2000, merged with Wuhan University
- Located in mid of the city
- 58,000 + students, including foreign students.
Popularly known as Wuhan University School of medicine.
China Medical University
- collaborated with many universities of developed nations
- Offers education in English medium to avoid communication and language barrier
- One of the MCI/NMC approved Medical colleges in China
There is one teacher for 6 students (Low students and teacher ratio)
- One of famous public university
- A member of the double first-class university in China
- Approved by National Medical Commission and WHO
Elite C9 university
Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Huld ranking is top 20 university
- A member of elite c9 university
- Internationally accepted degree
Less crowded class to enhance student’s skills
Southern Medical University
- Affiliated to the people’s liberation army
- Became one of the national key university of china in the year 1979
- Standard infrastructure dedicated to students studying here
Known as the first military medical university
- Oldest and key university to study medical in China
- Offers English medium courses
- One of the double-first universities
182 research institute and 77 labs in its 5 campuses
Beihua Medical University China
- One of the well-ranked universities in China
- No language barrier during studying MBBS in China
- MCI/NMC approved medical college
Merged with 3 colleges
Tianjin Medical University
- Popular medical university in China
- experienced professors and pulite non-teaching staffs with international students
- Standard living facilities for boys and girls
First medical college approved by the state medical council Republic of China.
Documents required while applying for MBBS in China
- 10th & 12th mark sheets
- NEET scorecard
- Valid passport
- Legal guardian’s identity proof
- 2 identical photographs (50mm×50mm)
Documents required for applying for a China Student Visa
- An invitation letter issued by the Ministry of Education of China
- 10th & 12th mark sheets
- Birth certificate (in English)
- Medical & HIV certificates
- Student’s bank statement with a minimum balance of 4 lakhs
- Parents’ bank statement (min 6 months)
- School leaving / college leaving/ transfer certificate
- 2 Identical photographs (50mm×50mm)
- Affidavit certificate
- Gap certificate (for those who have passed 12th before 2020)
Important note to be kept in mind while taking admission in MBBS in China
Many agents in the market mislead the students and put them into the wrong bilingual colleges. Later the language of communication and education of these colleges turns out to be China. Hence, the students get trapped in disastrous, incomprehensible, and uncomfortable language. To avoid this, the students must select the agents & agencies wisely.
Services Provided by AR Group of Education
1) Counselling – We have 10 years of experience in counseling. Hence, we provide you with all kinds of unlimited counseling support throughout your journey with us. We have a team of professionals to guide you through the entire process and ensure smooth admission.
2) College selection – We have an updated list of colleges that are perfect for Indian students to study abroad. From suggesting the best college, we provide you with the “done for you type of services” which include-
a) Scholarship guidance – We have a completely up-to-date team to guide you to opt for the ongoing scholarship programs. We even help you in the process of availing them.
b) Seat locking – We have tie-ups with the top Medical colleges of Russia and other countries through which we ensure that you don’t miss a chance to secure admission to your dream college.
c) Travel/ Visa assistance – We ensure smooth travels for our students. Therefore, we at AR Group of Education assist the students throughout the entire complex travel and visa obtaining procedures.