A private medical school called Manipal College of Medical Sciences is situated in Pokhara, Nepal. About 100 students are enrolled each year for the MBBS medical degree through this institution, which is connected to Manipal Teaching Hospital. Excellence in higher education is a given thanks to Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
The expansive university town is located on a plateau in the Udupi region of Karnataka and is home to around 28,000 students from 57 different countries. Additionally, it employs nearly 2500 teaching members and nearly 10,000 other support and service personnel to help the several professional institutions in the humanities, engineering, management, and health sciences that dot the Wi-Fi-enabled campus.
In addition to off-shore campuses in Dubai (UAE) and Melaka (Malaysia), the university also has off-campus locations in Mangalore and Bangalore. There are nursing, dental, and medical programs available at the Mangalore campus. Regenerative Medicine programs are available at the Bangalore Campus. Programs in engineering, management, and architecture are offered at the campus in Dubai, while programs in medicine and dentistry are offered at the campus in Melaka.Every institute features cutting-edge teaching and facilities that are regularly examined and updated to reflect the newest innovations in higher education.
One of Asia’s largest health sciences libraries, one of the top anatomical museums in the world, an innovation center, instructional facilities including the Simulation Lab with computer-driven Manikins, a business incubation center, and several other centers of excellence are located in Manipal, academic partnerships.
The university’s view that a healthy body and mind go hand in hand is reflected in the enormous indoor sports complex known as The MARENA, which has five badminton courts, four squash courts, three tennis courts, a basketball court, a high-tech gym, and a walking track.
About Manipal College of Medical Science
|Name of Institute||Manipal College of Medical Sciences|
|Year of Establishment||1994|
|Approved by||NMC, WHO|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences World Ranking||Country Ranking: 11 World Ranking: 1407|
Manipal College of Medical Science Ranking
Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Nepal holds a notable position in the academic landscape, ranking 11th in the country and 1407th globally. This achievement reflects its commitment to providing quality education and healthcare training in Nepal while gaining recognition on an international scale.
Study MBBS in Nepal
The MBBS program in Nepal typically follows a structured curriculum, and I’ve simplified the information you provided for easier understanding:
Academics of Manipal College of Medical Science
- Duration: Four and a half years, followed by a 1-year compulsory residential rotating internship.
- Language of Instruction: English
Preclinical Curriculum (Semesters 1-4)
- First and second years include subjects like Anatomy, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology.
- These subjects are integrated and taught alongside Community Medicine and Introduction to Clinical Medicine.
- Medical Informatics is integrated to provide computer expertise relevant to medical education.
- University examinations are held at the end of the first and second years.
- Students must complete all preclinical subjects within specified timeframes.
Clinical Sciences (Semesters 5-9)
- Clinical subjects include Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, Medicine & Allied Subjects, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, and other specialties.
- Third-year university examinations are held for Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, and Ophthalmology.
- A student cannot progress to the ninth semester without passing these subjects.
- Ninth semester includes final university examinations in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Pediatrics.
- Continuous evaluation is conducted through fortnightly tests, semester exams, end-posting evaluations, seminars, and problem-based learning sessions.
- The continuous evaluation system contributes to excellent results in university examinations.
- Preclinical teaching includes didactic classroom lectures, practical sessions, problem-based learning (PBL) sessions, and community/hospital visits.
- Seminars and PBLs are conducted every fortnight to provide clinical orientation.
- Clinical teaching involves practical training in hospitals, community visits, symposia, seminars, clinical meetings, faculty talks, and guest lectures.
- An emphasis is placed on clinical practical training.
- A one-year rotating internship is compulsory.
- Different internship schemes are approved for students from various countries.
- Internships can be completed in Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, USA, UK, and South Africa.
- Internship rules are subject to change based on the regulations of the Medical Council of Nepal.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences Fees Structure
The section contains information about the Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Nepal’s undergraduate medical programme tuition fees for Indian students.
|MBBS||Indian Nationals (Indian Rupees)||Other International (USD)|
|Total (in installment)||7,500,000||110,000|
Admission Procedure For Manipal College of Medical Sciences
- Application forms for admission into medical colleges in Nepal are typically available in September/October.
- Applicants can collect these forms from authorized centers in India and abroad.
- The filled application form should be accompanied by various documents, including a passport or Aadhar card, a recent passport-size photo, and attested copies of 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets.
- An application fee of INR 5000 payable to the Medical Education Commission, Nepal, is required.
- If applying for direct admission based on NEET scores, candidates need to include their NEET scorecard.
- The MEC entrance exam is conducted only in Nepal, so applicants from other countries need to travel there to take the exam.
- If there are more applicants through the MEC entrance examination compared to direct NEET admission, priority will be given to candidates who have qualified through the entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria For Manipal College of Medical Sciences
Admission to medical colleges MBBS in Nepal for Indian students follows two main pathways: one through an entrance examination conducted by the Medical Education Commission (MEC) and the other through direct admission based on NEET scores for Indian students. Here’s a simplified explanation:
Direct Admission Through NEET Scores for Indian Students:
- Indian students seeking direct admission to private medical colleges in Nepal can do so based on their NEET scores.
- The MBBS course duration is 4.5 years, followed by a 1-year internship.
- Eligibility criteria include passing 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a 50% aggregate or equivalent grades from certificate-level programs.
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old by the application deadline.
Admission Through MEC Entrance Examination:
- Students interested in studying MBBS in specific Nepalese institutions like BP Koirala Institute of Health Science, Dharan Institute of Medical Science, Patan Academy of Health Science, Kamali Academy of Health Science, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Science, and Kathmandu University School of Medical Science need to take the MEC entrance examination.
- To qualify, candidates must score a minimum of 50% in this entrance exam.
- Only NEET scores from the current academic year will be considered for admission.
- The minimum NEET score required for general category candidates will determine their eligibility.
Documents Required For Manipal College of Medical Sciences Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th mark sheet and certificate.
- Birth certificate
- 10th passport-size photographs
- Official invitation letter from the Manipal College of Medical Sciences.
- Verified documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Verified documents by the Nepal Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of the paid tuition fee of 1st year.
Advantages of Studying at Manipal College of Medical Science
- Students can pursue their goals of a career in medicine in a distinctive atmosphere at Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS), Nepal, with the added benefit of global exposure.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences is a cross-cultural hub of activity since it enrolls students from many nations, including India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Bangladesh, Singapore, Thailand, the Middle East, Kenya, South Africa, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
- There are about 45% women and 55% men among the students. The majority of the professors came from reputable universities in India and Nepal.
- Some seasoned educators make an effort to impart the proper traditions and spirit.
- Academic directors and heads of departments are responsible for ensuring students’ overall growth and academic performance.
Faculty & Staff
Manipal College of Medical Science, Pokhara in Nepal offers a wide array of facilities to cater to the diverse needs of its students. These encompass a dedicated medical center to address health concerns, a comprehensive library to support academic research, a spacious auditorium for various events and gatherings, comfortable hostel options for accommodation, advanced computer labs for technology-driven learning, sports facilities to promote physical well-being, a convenient cafeteria for dining, and well-equipped laboratories for practical experiments and research. These facilities collectively contribute to creating a conducive and enriching environment for both academic and personal growth.
Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara offers a range of support services for its students. These services include anti-ragging measures to ensure a safe environment, counseling services for guidance and support, access to healthcare facilities, assistance with hostel accommodations, a platform for reporting issues and asking questions, and even local language learning classes. Whether you need help with personal or academic matters, we are here to provide the support you need during your time at the college.
AR Group of Education offers a range of services to students seeking higher education abroad. These services include:
Counseling: Our team of professionals with over a decade of experience provides unlimited counseling support to students throughout their journey with us. We guide students through the entire process, ensuring a smooth admission process.
College Selection: We maintain an updated list of colleges that are ideal for Indian students looking to study abroad. From recommending the best college to providing “done for you” services, we offer:
a) Scholarship guidance – Our team keeps up-to-date with ongoing scholarship programs and assists students in availing them.
b) Seat locking – We have tie-ups with top medical colleges in Nepal and other countries, ensuring students don’t miss an opportunity to secure admission to their dream college.
c) Travel/Visa Assistance – We understand the complexities of travel and visa procedures and thus offer students our assistance throughout the entire process, ensuring smooth travels.