In 1992, Petre shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy was founded by a notable pediatric surgeon, Petre Shotadze who was also a Georgian physician.
In 1999, Tbilisi Medical Academy was renamed “Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy”, Georgia following the demise of Dr. Shotadze. Since its establishment, TMA has grown up with more than 1500 graduates who work successfully in leading Georgian and International Hospitals, Scientific Centres, and universities.
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is a teaching university, with highly qualified academic staff, and a self-governed higher education institution that conducts its activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Why Study MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy?
Below are some of the benefits of studying at Petre Academy:
• The MBBS course is completely taught in the English medium of instruction and thus there is an increase in the number of international and Indian students.
• Students are not required to clear IELTS or TOEFL for admission.
• There is no entrance exam required for admission.
• Tbilisi Medical Academy provides on-campus accommodation facilities to students.
• The university provides quality education that matches international standards.
• Students will get a universally recognized MBBS degree after the successful completion of the course.
• No donation is required for admission.
• The university consists of highly qualified, talented, staff. The university has maintained a good teacher-student ratio
Intake for MBBS Course
Processing Time for MBBS Admission
45 to 60 days
50% in PCB
Yes, it is compulsory
Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)
6 years with internship
Medium of Education
Country – 29 World – 11294
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy are as follows:
• The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date on which the admission is being taken.
• The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
• The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
• It is mandatory for the applicants to clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams. Required Documents
The following documents are required at the time of admission:-
• Birth Certificate (In English)
• 10th (SSLC) Mark sheet and Certificates
• 11th & 12th Mark sheet and Certificates
• Original Passport (With minimum validity of 2 years)
• 6 Photos (Passport size)
• Filled application form
• NEET Score Card
• Transfer Certificate
• Health Certificate with HIV reports by recognized hospital
• Medical Insurance
• Migration Certificate
• An affidavit from the guardian/ parent
• Bank statement of guardian/parent for the last 6 months having a minimum balance of 3.00 Lakhs in their respective accounts.
Courses Offered :
Georgia’s Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy has a single faculty – ‘Faculty of Medicine’:
The subjects taught under this faculty are:
Medium of Teaching
The medium of instruction used at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy for MBBS education is mentioned below:
At this university, the medium of instruction for the MBBS course is English. Professors also prefer teaching the Georgian language at the university so that students can communicate with the local patients without any trouble during their internship.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is recognized and accredited by many medical bodies such as
• World Health Organization (WHO)
• Georgian ministry of health
• AMSE (Association of medical school in Europe)
• AMEE (Association of medical education in Europe)
• World Health Organization (WHO)
• Education Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
• National center of education quality enhancement
• European Medical Students Association (EMSA)
• World Federation of Medical Education (WFME)
• International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
The life of students studying MBBS at Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is as follows:
• According to Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy, students are their precious assets and thus the university strives to provide the best educational experience to its students.
• It provides a large well-equipped library to its students consisting of over 2000 books and study materials.
• Study process at this university is recognized by international standards.
• At Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy students have opportunities to participate in various exchange programs, become part of exciting short-term internships in European clinics, and gain scientific experience both on a national and international level.
• At the university, there is a Student Academy which is a students’ voluntary union, developed to facilitate students’ involvement in TMA activities, support maintenance or contacts with TMA students and graduates, and encourage student initiatives.
• This university also takes care of student’s health and well-being which is supported by the First Aid center, at the Objectively Structured Clinical Skills Examination (OSCE) Centre, which is fully equipped with necessary inventory and medication for quick delivery of emergency care.
How can A R Group of Education assist you to get Hustle Free Admission to Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy?
In a new city choosing a new college is really a tough task. As a student, you want to get all information about the college. What is the good side, the bad side, fee structure, courses, and admission process?
Our services for you
Provide information about the college, courses, syllabus, fee structure, etc
Creating a standard profile
Economical air Ticket
Admission invitation letter from the university