Russia, the world’s largest country spanning two continents, boasts impressive economic recovery post-Soviet Union collapse, unparalleled military capabilities, and a captivating culture. As a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council and one of the five nuclear weapons states, Russia also leads the Commonwealth of Independent States and participates in international organizations such as the G7.
Moscow, located on the Moskva River, serves as the political, economic, financial, educational, and transportation hub of the country, and is home to the renowned Kremlin, serving as the official residence of the President of Russia. One of the best country for Indian students who want to pursue MBBS in Russia.
|Language||Russian (official), Tatar, Ukrainian, Bashkir, etc.|
|Climate||Warm to hot in dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower|
|Time Zone||UTC+2 to +12|
|Currency||Russian ruble (₽) (RUB)|
|Weather||June to august ( summer ) , september to october (autumn) , november to march ( winter ) , april to may ( spring )|
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) is renowned as one of the top medical universities studying MBBS in Russia. Established in 1758 as the medical faculty at Imperial Moscow University, it has a rich history of being a pioneer in the Russian Healthcare System. The university has been home to many renowned scientists and physicians who have made significant contributions to the progress of medicine for students who want to pursue MBBS in abroad.
Today, This University has evolved into an academic, research, and Resource Centre of Excellence in the Russian Healthcare System. It is committed to developing the Medicine of the Future through a strong academic foundation in clinical medicine and innovative multidisciplinary research.
|University Recognitions||ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB|
Why Choose First Moscow State Medical University?
- The university is the oldest national medical university in Russia.
- It offers an affordable tuition fee and has great infrastructure.
- The university boasts a world-class medical faculty and advanced clinical practices.
- The campus has a Central Scientific Library to support research and studies.
- The university has a Medical Rehabilitation Center equipped with Hi-Tech Robotic equipment for advanced medical treatments.
- The university has a modern hospital that provides practical studies for medical students.
- It is the only university for DENTISTRY in Russia accredited by the Medical Council of Sri-Lanka.
- The university is among the top MBBS universities in Russia.
- It is located in the beautiful city of Moscow, the capital of Russia.
First Moscow State Medical University Ranking
Over the last few years, the university’s ranking has significantly improved, and it has now become one of the top medical universities in Russia.
First Moscow State Medical University Fees 2023
Indian students pay lower tuition fees than students from other foreign medical schools. This university offers highly qualified teachers and extensive infrastructure. The First Moscow State Medical University’s tuition fees, hostel fees and other charges are listed below.
|Year||Tuition Fees (RUB)||Hostel Fees (RUB)||Other Charges (RUB)||Total (RUB)|
|1st||6,98,000 RUB||90,000||1,50,000||9,38,000 RUB|
|2nd||7,33,000 RUB||90,000||–||7,33,000 RUB|
|3rd||7,70,000 RUB||90,000||–||7,70,000 RUB|
|4th||8,09,000 RUB||90,000||–||8,09,000 RUB|
|5th||8,50,000 RUB||90,000||–||8,50,000 RUB|
|6th||8,93,000 RUB||90,000||–||8,93,000 RUB|
Note : 1 Ruble = 1.00 INR
First Moscow State Medical University Courses
Indian applicants can apply for the following courses at the university:
- General Medicine
- Medical Facility
First Moscow State Medical University Admission Process
- Fill out the admission form for the university
- Attach all the required documents to the admission form
- Submit the admission form and documents to the university
- Wait to receive the admission or acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for a student visa to study in the country where the university is located
- Make travel arrangements and prepare to travel to the university
- Upon arrival, complete all necessary formalities at the university to officially enroll as a student.
First Moscow State Medical University Eligibility Criteria
- NEET exam qualification is mandatory.
- 50% marks in 12th class with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry required for eligibility.
- Reserved category candidates require 40% marks.
- Minimum age required is 17 years.
- Students completing 17 years till 31stDecember of the admission year are also eligible.
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission to first moscow state Medical University.
- 10th class marksheet.
- 12th class marksheet.
- NEET Scorecard
- Original Passport.
- Passport size Photographs
- HIV Report
- COVID-19 Report
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preparatory Studies
Student Life At First Moscow State Medical University
- Comfortable and cozy hostels are available for all international students.
- The Center for International Education coordinates with international students and assists with required procedures.
- A student sports organization named “Phoenix” welcomes all students interested in sports.
- Extracurricular lectures by world-class researchers and physicians, meetings of student societies, intellectual quizzes, and language-speaking clubs are available.
- The student culture centre named “New Art” encourages participation in various plays, literacy and poetry clubs, music bands, and dancing classes.
MBBS Syllabus At first Moscow state medical university
|2nd year||2nd||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd year||3rd||Histology, Biochemistry, Psychology & Pedagogy, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Pathology|
|2nd year||4th||Biochemistry, Micro-Biology, Physiology|
|3rd year||5th||Pathology, Pharmacology, Micro-Biology and Path Physiology|
|3rd year||6th||Pathology, Path Physiology, Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine|
|4th-6th year||7th-12th||Oncology, Paediatrics, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychology, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Primary Care Medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, ENT and Cardiology|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Approved by: NMC , WHO
- Status: Private
About Moscow City
Advantages of Studying in Russia
Hostel Facilities For International Students
AR Group of Education is dedicated to providing a supportive and comfortable experience for its Indian students studying at MBBS in abroad. To ensure their well-being, the group has arranged various facilities such as hostel accommodations, Indian mess, and counselors, and representatives in universities for real-time assistance. the group also invites renowned Indian doctors and professors to Russia to further support the Indian students studying at the abroad.
Moving to a foreign country to study can be a daunting experience, especially for students who may face language barriers, cultural differences, and homesickness. Therefore, providing Indian students with familiar amenities like Indian mess and counselors can help ease their transition and provide them with a sense of familiarity and comfort. These efforts can help students adjust to the new culture, feel more comfortable and supported, and ultimately succeed academically.