China has become a new superpower in the last ten years, competing with the West in a variety of disciplines. As the two nations with the most people in the world, China and India, they have many things in common. Since 2013, Indian students have been more and more interested in studying medicine in China.
China’s medical education system is famous for its dedication to providing high instruction. Students gain from practical training that helps them improve their skills and capabilities in addition to receiving academic instruction. One of the most important benefits is the availability of various inexpensive MBBS in China, which provide education at a fraction of the price of medical institutions in wealthy countries.
Why MBBS in China?
- China is considered one of the most affordable options among destinations for studying MBBS abroad.
- The quality of education in Chinese medical universities is regarded as superior to other options within a similar budget, such as Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Russia.
- The MBBS course in China is designed to fulfill the guidelines set by the New National Medical Commission for the Licensing Exam in India .
- The syllabus and subjects covered in the MBBS course in China are very similar to those in India, ensuring a smooth transition for Indian students.
- The infrastructure of Chinese medical universities is considered to be far superior to both government (public) and private medical colleges in India, providing students with modern facilities and resources for their education.
Overview of China
|Population||Approximately 1.4 billion|
|Area||9.6 million square kilometres|
|Official Language||Mandarin Chinese|
|Currency||Chinese Yuan (CNY)|
|Government||Communist Party-led single-party socialist state|
|Famous Landmarks||Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army|
|Climate||Diverse (ranging from tropical to subarctic)|
About Jiangsu University China
The oldest medical school is Jiangsu University, which dates back to 1902. The China Ministry of Education has given the university approval; it was originally known as the Zhenjiang Medical College. It is located in Jiangsu, China, and was created with the approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education by combining three universities: Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang Medical College, and Zhenjiang Teachers’ College.
It is the top medical college in China for Indian students and provides them with a top medical education. The MBBS program at the school provides a top education at an inexpensive tuition rate. Following the simple admissions process, aspirants can apply for admission to the university with ease.
Overview of Jiangsu University, China
|Recognized by||NMC/MCI, WHO, etc.|
|Affiliated with||China Ministry of Education|
|Exam||NEET UG (Compulsory)|
|Located In||Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, China|
Jiangsu University Courses 2023
- Physics & Astronomy
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
Business & Economics
- Business & Management
- Economics & Econometrics
- Accounting & Finance
Engineering & Technology
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- General Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health
- Medicine & Dentistry
- Other Health
- Computer Science
Arts & Humanities
- History, Philosophy & Theology
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Art, Performing Arts & Design
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Biological Sciences
Jiangsu University Ranking 2023
The university is recognized as one of the best medical colleges in the nation. Jiangsu University is now ranked 61st in the nation (by 4ICU) thanks to improvements over the past few years in the rankings. Numerous medical aspirants from all around the world choose it as their top choice because of its high ranking.
|4ICU Country Ranking||4ICU World Ranking|
|61 (in China)||1356 (in World)|
Jiangsu University Fees Structure 2023
It is a fantastic opportunity for Indian students to pursue the MBBS in China at a reasonable tuition rate because the Jiangsu Medical University is famous for its low-cost medical programs. Compared to other medical schools in China, Jiangsu University’s MBBS fee structure is affordable.
|Academic Year||Tuition Fee||Accommodation||Visa Extension|
|1st Year||34,000 RMB||4,900 RMB||1,000 RMB|
|2nd Year||34,000 RMB||4,900 RMB||1,000 RMB|
|3rd Year||34,000 RMB||4,900 RMB||1,000 RMB|
|4th Year (RMS)||34,000 RMB||4,900 RMB||1,000 RMB|
|5th Year||34,000 RMB||4,900 RMB||1,000 RMB|
Jiangsu University Eligibility Criteria 2023
For rapid admission, Indian students interested in studying MBBS in China should review the Jiangsu University Eligibility Criteria.
- The minimum age requirement is 17 years.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English are mandatory subjects for higher education.
- A minimum 50% score is required in 10+2 in all the above-mentioned subjects.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates require a minimum of 40% score in 10+2 in all the above-mentioned subjects.
- Qualification in the NEET exam is a must.
Jiangsu University Admission Process 2023
Indian students who are interested in attending Jiangsu University for MBBS in China can evaluate the entrance requirements for speedy admission.
- Fill out the application form and attach a passport-sized photo.
- Submit your 11th and 12th standard mark sheets and school leaving certificates.
- Pay the required application, admission, and processing fees.
- Send the processing fees to either China or India, based on the earlier option.
- Receive the official photocopy of your Admission Letter within seven working days.
- Begin the student visa process by applying at the nearest Chinese Embassy/Consulate.
- Gather the necessary documents for the visa application, including a valid passport, photographs, Visa Application Form, JW202 Form, and Admission Letter.
- Complete a health check-up and obtain a Physical Examination Record.
- Upon arrival in China, be received by a representative at the airport and guided to the university hostel.
- Assist in paying the admission and administrative fees at the university counter the next morning.
- The overall timeline from receiving the Admission Letter to obtaining the China Visa is approximately one month.
Jiangsu University Document Required
Eligibility criteria are organized by the higher authorities of the university. This university is one of the MCI / NMC Approved Medical Colleges in China for Indian students. The criteria are set according to every national and international student.
- 10th & 12th Mark sheets
- NEET Exam scorecard
- Copy of passport
- Candidates bank statement
- Character certificate
- Passport photograph
- Medical Certificate
Hostel and Accommodation
Jiangsu University understands the importance of providing comfortable accommodations for medical students who apply for admission each year. The university provides world-class hostel facilities at affordable rates, ensuring that students can live and focus on their studies without any concerns.
The hostels are segregated for boys and girls, providing a safe and conducive environment for all. The rooms are fully furnished, equipped with amenities such as a phone, TV, and Wi-Fi connection, enabling students to stay connected with their loved ones and access online resources. Students have the flexibility to choose between single or multiple sharing rooms based on their preferences and comfort.
Addition to comfortable accommodations, the hostels also feature restaurants and cafeterias that offer quality food, ensuring students have access to nutritious meals. The hostels also have excellent connectivity to the university, making it convenient for students to commute.
Indian Student’s Life in Jiangsu University
Indian students can easily aligned to China’s diverse culture. Chinese culture is fascinating to Indian people because of its well-known ancient customs, illustrious history, and rich traditions. Students can readily assimilate into China’s unique lifestyle and habits thanks to the country’s multiculturalism.
China is famous for offering students from other countries a safe and secure environment. Being a highly civilized nation, it makes life for overseas students much simpler. The hospitable and inclusive environment encourages students to feel at home and accepted by the locals, resulting in a successful and educational experience while they are in China.
Advantages of Study MBBS at Jiangsu University
The goal of bilingual education is to help all pupils understand things better. Indian students may afford it simply thanks to the low annual tuition prices. Shanghai is about a three-hour drive away, so students may explore the busy metropolis on weekends. On campus, there are more than eight canteens with a selection of meals. Over 150 of the 1,500 international students, including the over 35,000 Chinese students, are of Indian heritage. Indians can easily adjust to the weather because it has a consistent routine. It is located in the serene city of Zhenjiang and has a wonderful campus that spans 550 acres of land. MCI screening tests have an extremely high rate of success. Over 5000 people work there.
AR Group of Education offers professional guidance for students who are interested in pursuing MBBS in China. Our team of award-winning counsellors has vast experience and knowledge in the field of international education. We provide comprehensive assistance, starting from selecting the right college to obtaining your visa and tickets, and even until you land in your dream college. Our expert counsellors are available round the clock to answer all your queries and provide assistance whenever you need it. Trust us to be your ultimate guide in fulfilling your educational aspirations to study MBBS in abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):