The cooperation initiative between Kathmandu University and Dhulikhel Hospital led to the creation of the Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS). Dhulikhel Medical Center One of the first institutions in Nepal was founded and is sponsored by the Dhulikhel neighborhood: Kathmandu University Hospital.
This non-governmental organization strives to be non-profit. The hospital was built in 1996 as a result of a partnership between the municipality of Dhulikhel, Nepali Med International, and Dhulikhel Health Service Association, under the direction of the late king, HM Birender Bir Bikram Shah Dev. The hospital offers quality, affordable, compassionate healthcare services with qualified employees.
The hospital is a testament to the idea that high-quality healthcare doesn’t necessarily have to be a costly luxury available exclusively to the wealthy. For MBBS studies in Nepal, Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences is a fantastic option. The university is a great place to pursue a career in medicine because it has top-notch educational facilities and cutting-edge teaching approaches. Students praise the faculty for being friendly, assured, knowledgeable in their fields, and down to earth. Every year, applicants from India and other countries apply for admission to the MBBS Program.
The Kathmandu University Nepal is made up of numerous faculties and departments that educate qualified specialists in the majority of the country’s economic sectors. More than 100 doctors who teach medical disciplines in Bengali and English are part of the workforce. It is a higher education facility committed to upholding the bar for academic achievement across a range of traditional and contemporary fields.
About Kathmandu University School of Medical Science
|Name of Institute||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences|
|Popular Name||KUSMS, Kathmandu University|
|Location||Dhulikhel, Bagmati, Nepal|
|Year of Establishment||1991|
|Kathmandu University Ranking||Country- 01, World- 4532|
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences Ranking
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences in Nepal enjoys a good ranking and has built a strong reputation in the field of education. The institution is well-regarded for the quality of education it provides, making it a favourable choice for students seeking academic excellence in Nepal. With a good ranking and a positive reputation, Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences stands as a reliable option for those looking to pursue higher education in the country.
Study MBBS in Nepal
The MBBS program in Nepal typically follows a structured curriculum, and I’ve simplified the information you provided for easier understanding:
Academics of Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
- Duration: Four and a half years, followed by a 1-year compulsory residential rotating internship.
- Language of Instruction: English
Preclinical Curriculum (Semesters 1-4)
- First and second years include subjects like Anatomy, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology.
- These subjects are integrated and taught alongside Community Medicine and Introduction to Clinical Medicine.
- Medical Informatics is integrated to provide computer expertise relevant to medical education.
- University examinations are held at the end of the first and second years.
- Students must complete all preclinical subjects within specified timeframes.
Clinical Sciences (Semesters 5-9)
- Clinical subjects include Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, Medicine & Allied Subjects, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, and other specialties.
- Third-year university examinations are held for Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, and Ophthalmology.
- A student cannot progress to the ninth semester without passing these subjects.
- Ninth semester includes final university examinations in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Pediatrics.
- Continuous evaluation is conducted through fortnightly tests, semester exams, end-posting evaluations, seminars, and problem-based learning sessions.
- The continuous evaluation system contributes to excellent results in university examinations.
- Preclinical teaching includes didactic classroom lectures, practical sessions, problem-based learning (PBL) sessions, and community/hospital visits.
- Seminars and PBLs are conducted every fortnight to provide clinical orientation.
- Clinical teaching involves practical training in hospitals, community visits, symposia, seminars, clinical meetings, faculty talks, and guest lectures.
- An emphasis is placed on clinical practical training.
- A one-year rotating internship is compulsory.
- Different internship schemes are approved for students from various countries.
- Internships can be completed in Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, USA, UK, and South Africa.
- Internship rules are subject to change based on the regulations of the Medical Council of Nepal.
Kathmandu University School of Medical Science Fee Structure
The fees for the undergraduate medical program at Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences are listed below:
|Course||Total tuition fee|
Admission Procedure For Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
- Application forms for admission into medical colleges in Nepal are typically available in September/October.
- Applicants can collect these forms from authorized centers in India and abroad.
- The filled application form should be accompanied by various documents, including a passport or Aadhar card, a recent passport-size photo, and attested copies of 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets.
- An application fee of INR 5000 payable to the Medical Education Commission, Nepal, is required.
- If applying for direct admission based on NEET scores, candidates need to include their NEET scorecard.
- The MEC entrance exam is conducted only in Nepal, so applicants from other countries need to travel there to take the exam.
- If there are more applicants through the MEC entrance examination compared to direct NEET admission, priority will be given to candidates who have qualified through the entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria For Kathmandu University School of Medical Science
Admission to medical colleges MBBS in Nepal for Indian students follows two main pathways: one through an entrance examination conducted by the Medical Education Commission (MEC) and the other through direct admission based on NEET scores for Indian students. Here’s a simplified explanation:
Direct Admission Through NEET Scores for Indian Students:
- Indian students seeking direct admission to private medical colleges in Nepal can do so based on their NEET scores.
- The MBBS course duration is 4.5 years, followed by a 1-year internship.
- Eligibility criteria include passing 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a 50% aggregate or equivalent grades from certificate-level programs.
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old by the application deadline.
Admission Through MEC Entrance Examination:
- Students interested in studying MBBS in specific Nepalese institutions like BP Koirala Institute of Health Science, Dharan Institute of Medical Science, Patan Academy of Health Science, Kamali Academy of Health Science, Nepalese Army Institute of Health Science, and Kathmandu University School of Medical Science need to take the MEC entrance examination.
- To qualify, candidates must score a minimum of 50% in this entrance exam.
- Only NEET scores from the current academic year will be considered for admission.
- The minimum NEET score required for general category candidates will determine their eligibility.
Documents Required For Kathmandu University School of Medical Science Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th mark sheet and certificate.
- Birth certificate
- 10th passport-size photographs
- Official invitation letter from the Kathmandu University School of Medical Science.
- Verified documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
- Verified documents by the Nepal Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of the paid tuition fee of 1st year.
Advantages of Studying at Kathmandu University School of Medical Science
- The MBBS program at Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences has various benefits.
- Students from Indian regions find it easier to study because MBBS at universities follows the same Indian Pattern in every manner.
- Since India is a neighboring country, there are many Indian lecturers and staff members in the university as well as many Indian students that are enrolled there.
- In comparison to other universities in Nepal, there are too many students passing.
- The fact that the tuition for medical programs at Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University is reasonable and that scholarships are available to students is another advantage.
Faculty & Staff
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences in Nepal offers a wide array of facilities to cater to the diverse needs of its students. These encompass a dedicated medical centre to address health concerns, a comprehensive library to support academic research, a spacious auditorium for various events and gatherings, comfortable hostel options for accommodation, advanced computer labs for technology-driven learning, sports facilities to promote physical well-being, a convenient cafeteria for dining, and well-equipped laboratories for practical experiments and research. These facilities collectively contribute to creating a conducive and enriching environment for both academic and personal growth.
Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences offers a range of support services for its students. These services include anti-ragging measures to ensure a safe environment, counselling services for guidance and support, access to healthcare facilities, assistance with hostel accommodations, a platform for reporting issues and asking questions, and even local language learning classes. Whether you need help with personal or academic matters, we are here to provide the support you need during your time at the college.
AR Group of Education offers a range of services to students seeking higher education abroad. These services include:
Counseling: Our team of professionals with over a decade of experience provides unlimited counseling support to students throughout their journey with us. We guide students through the entire process, ensuring a smooth admission process.
College Selection: We maintain an updated list of colleges that are ideal for Indian students looking to study abroad. From recommending the best college to providing “done for you” services, we offer:
a) Scholarship guidance – Our team keeps up-to-date with ongoing scholarship programs and assists students in availing them.
b) Seat locking – We have tie-ups with top medical colleges in Nepal and other countries, ensuring students don’t miss an opportunity to secure admission to their dream college.
c) Travel/Visa Assistance – We understand the complexities of travel and visa procedures and thus offer students our assistance throughout the entire process, ensuring smooth travels.