Doctor of Medicine in Radiology is a postgraduate medical program with a duration of three years. This course focuses on the science of radiology, which involves the use of X-rays and other high-energy radiation to identify medical issues and determine the appropriate treatment. A radiologist, who is also a physician, uses radio technology to diagnose medical conditions and provide treatment options.
The program provides in-depth knowledge on various aspects of radiology, such as the production of X-rays, radio physics, interaction of radio with the matter, radiography, special radiography, radiation detection and measurement, among others.
MD in Radiology : Overview
|Course Name||Doctor of Medicine in Radiology|
|Eligibility||M.B.B.S + Internship|
|Entrance Exam||NEET – PG|
|Average Course Fee||INR 40,000 Per Annum to 8 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Job Profile||Diagnostic medical sonographer, MRI Technician, CT scan technologist etc.|
Why Pursue MD in Radiology?
- Many people choose to pursue radiology as a profession because they find the diagnostic challenges interesting.
- Radiology offers numerous opportunities for professional development.
- The field of radiology provides knowledge on radiography, radiation protection, image formation, radio diagnosis, CT scan, MRI, and Mammography, among others.
- Pursuing a postgraduate degree in radiology can also be a suitable path for those interested in pursuing a PhD since it provides ample knowledge about the field.
MD in Radiology Eligibility
- To be eligible for an MD in Radiology, students must have completed 10+2 education in the science stream with biology and chemistry as major subjects and obtain a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized institution.
- Students must then complete a 5-year MBBS degree or a similar degree in medical science, with at least 55% aggregate.
- They must also complete a 1-year in-house internship during their MBBS course.
- Candidates need to pass the NEET-PG or other designated entrance exams with the required marks.
MD in Radiology Admission Process
- To pursue MD radiology, applicants need to clear the NEET PG medical exam conducted by NBE.
- The aspirants must qualify NEET-PG with the required cutoff percentile in individual categories i.e. for the general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC to get admission in MD radiology.
- The medical seats are available under different seat quotas like management quota seat, all India quota seat and institution quota seat.
- The required percentile for the general category is a minimum cut off 50% and for SC/ST minimum cut-off is 40%.
- Students can opt for these quotas during NEET-PG Counseling.
Top Colleges and their Fees for MD in Radiology
|College Name||Course Fees|
|Christian Medical College||3,00,000 to 4,00,000 INR|
|Karnataka Institute of Medical Science||1,00,000 to 1,40,000 INR|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth Medical College||50,000 to 75,000 INR|
|University College of Medical Science||50,000 to 80,000 INR|
|KS Hedge Medical Academy||1,00,000 to 2,00,000 INR|
|AFMC Pune||30,000 to 55,000 INR|
|Kasturba Medical College||2,55,000 to 4,55,000 INR|
|JSS Medical College||5,00,000 to 8,00,000 INR|
|MS Ramaiah Medical College||6,00,000 to 10,00,000 INR|
|St.John Medical College||3,00,000 to 5,55,000 INR|
|Rajendra Medical College||1,00,000 to 1,70,000 INR|
|Bhaskar Medical College||2,50,000 to 5,00,00 INR|
|Kurnool Medical College||50,000 to 55,000 INR|
Pursuing MD in Radiology can open up career opportunities as a diagnostic medical sonographer, MRI technician, CT scan technologist, and more. AR Group of Education is a leading provider of comprehensive services for students interested in pursuing an MD in Radiology. Our team of highly professional experts assists students at every stage of the process to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.