Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is one of India’s most prestigious courses. Candidates who complete an MBBS degree are eligible to become qualified doctors. Pursuing MBBS is a difficult task because students are tested at each stage of becoming a doctor. Candidates who want to become doctors should be aware of the MBBS application process in India.
Every year, millions of students dream to be doctors. However, only a few are admitted to MBBS programs in India. Obtaining an MBBS seat is a highly competitive process. Every year, over 18 lakh aspirants compete for a seat at India’s prestigious medical college. The first hurdle for candidates seeking MBBS admission is passing the NEET.
The NEET exam is given once a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). According to the Supreme Court of India, NEET-UG is the single national-level entrance examination for MBBS admission in India. The NEET exam also grants admission to 1,899 MBBS seats at AIIMS institutions and 249 seats at JIPMER. Based on NEET scores, 612 medical colleges, 15 AIIMS, and 2 JIPMER institutions offer MBBS admission. When MBBS seats are compared to the number of aspirants who take the exam, the competition for MBBS admission in India is rising exponentially. Many students who score low on the NEET exam struggle to gain admission to government medical schools. Private MBBS colleges, on the other hand, charge exorbitant fees.
Due to the obvious high tuition fees in India, many students from the middle class struggle to gain admission to the MBBS programs. These students’ only hope is to qualify for MBBS admission in India if they pass the NEET exam. The NTA screening process for MBBS admission is very rigorous and entirely based on NEET exam merit. Following the announcement of the NEET result, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) oversees the MBBS admission process. MCC offers MBBS admission to 15% All India Quota, deemed/central universities, AFMC, and Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) institutes. MBBS admission to the remaining 85% of state quota seats is bestowed with good grades by the respective state counselling authorities.
The NTA screening process for MBBS admission is very stringent and entirely based on NEET exam merit. Following the announcement of the NEET result, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) oversees the MBBS admission process. MCC offers MBBS admission to 15% All India Quota, deemed/central universities, AFMC, and Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) institutes. The counselling authorities of the respective state grant MBBS admission to the remaining 85% of state quota seats.
Criteria for MBBS Eligibility
In India, the National Medical Commission (NMC) establishes the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered for MBBS admission. Candidates who are found to be ineligible at any stage of the MBBS admission process will have their candidature canceled. Examine the MBBS admission eligibility requirements listed below:
- Academic requirements: To be eligible for MBBS admission in India, applicants must have completed class 12 from a recognized board.
- Subjects studied: In order to pursue an MBBS program, students must have completed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in grades 11 and 12.
- Minimum marks required: Candidates for MBBS admission in India must obtain at least 50% in the qualifying examination. The minimum marks required for MBBS admission from the SC, ST, and OBC categories are 40%.
- Age: To be eligible for admission to MBBS in India, applicants must be at least 17 years old. The maximum age of a candidate for MBBS admission is 25 years.
Services Provided by AR Group of Education for MBBS in India:
A) Counselling – We have 10 years of experience in counselling. Hence, we provide you with all kinds of unlimited counselling support throughout your journey with us. We have a team of professionals to guide you through the entire process and ensure smooth admission.
B) College selection – We have an updated list of colleges that are perfect for students to study MBBS in India. From suggesting the best college, we provide you with the “done for you type of services” which include-
1) Scholarship guidance – We have a completely up-to-date team to guide you to opt for the ongoing scholarship programs. We even help you in the process of availing them.
2) Seat locking – We have tie-ups with the top Medical colleges of India through which we ensure that you don’t miss a chance to secure admission to your dream college.