Medical education in India is a major topic among debaters, owing to the country’s ever-increasing severe rivalry in the medical field. Every year, millions of Indian students take medical entrance exams in order to get admission to India’s top medical schools. Unfortunately, only a tiny number of medical students qualify for such tests.
With the NEET UG test just a few days ago and the results about to be revealed, science students have expedited their quest for various medical institutions in India. Although their NEET score will have a big influence on their admissions, students are already interested in learning about the many medical colleges, including their admission procedure, pricing structures, eligibility requirements, and more. When it comes to applying for admission to the finest medical institutions in the country, every second matters, as thousands of NEET-qualified candidates will be submitting applications. So, speeding up the admission procedure is the key to getting into your preferred medical institutions in India.
MBBS Program in India
Medical school is the most sought-after profession among Indian students. The bulk of medical applicants wants to pursue MBBS in India from top medical schools and institutes in order to have a great medical future ahead of them.
What exactly is MBBS?
MBBS, or Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, is a five-and-a-half-year undergraduate degree program in medicine available to medical students who have passed the NEET.
Who is eligible to apply?
Students who have studied physics, chemistry, biology, and English are eligible to apply for the MBBS program. The MBBS degree is primarily intended for students who wish to become physicians.
What is the time frame?
In India, the MBBS program lasts 5.5 years, including one year of rotatory internship.
What are the MBBS eligibility requirements in India?
Candidates who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in medicine and a bachelor’s degree in surgery must meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to the MBBS program in India:
- To take the NEET exam, you must be at least 17 years old.
- Attained at least 50% in the 12th grade.
- The NEET test must be passed by all candidates.
- Accomplished the 12th grade with honours in physics, chemistry, and biology.
- In India, the maximum age for applying to the MBBS course is 25 years.
Specializations in MBBS
Through their MBBS degree programs, Indian medical institutes strive to deliver cutting-edge, growth-oriented education. With the increased need for medical experts in the market, the opportunities for medical students to do MBBS courses in India are limitless. Students in MBBS courses can pick their desired speciality depending on their interests and professional ambitions.
- Ophthalmology is a branch of medicine that deals with the treatment of eye abnormalities and illnesses.
- General medicine is the study of the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult illnesses.
- The MBBS degree program tackles problems of the oesophagus, small bowel, stomach, liver, colon, pancreas, gallbladder, and bile ducts, as well as the thyroid gland on occasion.
- Orthopaedics is the study of the treatment of illnesses in the skeletal system.
- Paediatrics is a branch of medicine that deals with the care of newborn newborns and children.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: This medical degree program assists in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and problems in human and female reproductive systems.
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat): This five-year degree program focuses on the treatment of ear, nose, and throat problems.
- Anaesthesiology: This MBBS speciality entails relieving patients’ pain and giving total care to the patient before, during, and after the operation.
- Psychiatry is the study of mental illnesses and their treatment.
- Dermatology: This MBBS speciality specializes in diagnosing and treating human skin disorders.
Medical Admission Exams in India
A strong NEET score is required to gain admission to a good and top medical institution in India to pursue MBBs. Previously, in India, three medical entrance tests determined the fate of prospective medical students:
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) entrance exam NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of PG Medical Education & Research)
However, starting in 2022, the NEET test became the primary medical entrance exam in India, and AIIMS and JIPMER were included in the NEET exam beginning in session 2021. To get admission to premier medical colleges and institutes in India, like JIPMER and AIIMS, medical students must now just take the NEET test.
NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test)
Indian students who want to be recognized and successful medical professionals in India or abroad must pass the NEET test. The higher the NEET score, the higher the chances of getting into the top medical colleges.
The Bottom Line
Indian students always seek to obtain a place in Indian medical institutions and reserve MBBS overseas as a last resort if they are unable to gain a seat in India. The complete study will provide MBBS hopefuls with a better idea of available seats and their alternatives in India.
Services Provided by AR Group of Education for MBBS in Abroad:
A) Counselling – We have 10 years of experience in counselling. Hence, we provide you with all kinds of unlimited counselling support throughout your journey with us. We have a team of professionals to guide you through the entire process and ensure smooth admission.
B) College selection – We have an updated list of colleges that are perfect for Indian students to study abroad. From suggesting the best college, we provide you with the “done for you type of services” which include-
1) Scholarship guidance – We have a completely up-to-date team to guide you to opt for the ongoing scholarship programs. We even help you in the process of availing them.
2) Seat locking – We have tie-ups with the top Medical colleges of abroad and other countries through which we ensure that you don’t miss a chance to secure admission to your dream college.
3) Travel/ Visa assistance – We ensure smooth travel for our students. Therefore, we at AR Group of Education assist the students throughout the complex travel and visa-obtaining procedures.