MBBS Abroad is an excellent opportunity for medical aspirants. If you want a flourishing career as a doctor, then consider MBBS abroad for high-standard education. Most countries offer high-standard medical and educational programs to both national and international students. The courses’ duration varies with the education system of various countries, but most countries maintain a tenure of 6 years for the MBBS courses. The candidates have to undergo five years of classroom training and 1-year internship program. If you want to apply for MBBS in different countries, then note the important dates. To use MBBS education in foreign countries, the candidates must secure at least 50% of the 10+2 exam. Furthermore, the students need to clear NEET for the application. Some countries prefer aspirants to clear TOEFL/IELTS for MBBS courses. Most foreign countries feature a robust educational structure to offer high-standard medical terms. During the admission process, the aspirants are requested to apply only to the top medical colleges abroad recognized by NMC, WHO, and UNESCO. Students can practice in India after completing MBBS from Abroad. However, the candidate must qualify for NMC screening to practice in India as an established doctor. The candidates are advised to mark the important dates before applying.
Few Facts About Studying MBBS from Abroad
|Degree Awarded||MBBS / MD|
|Intake for MBBS Abroad||September to November|
|Duration of MBBS||5 to 6 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% Marks in PCB, NEET Qualified|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Fees for MBBS||3800 to 8000 USD Per Year|
|Living Cost Abroad||100 – 250 USD Per Month|
|Recommended Universities by Eklavya Overseas||Kazan State Medical University, Akaki Tsereteli State University, Volgograd State Medical University, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University|
|Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, Ministry of Education.|
Why Study MBBS from Abroad?
The following reasons back up MBBS Abroad:
- In India, there is enormous competition for the courses to pursue MBBS Abroad..
- Studying MBBS Abroad in foreign countries opens up tremendous opportunities.
- Studying MBBS Abroad is much cheaper than the private universities in India.
- NMC approves the MBBS Abroad degrees offered by significant universities situated abroad.
- Many of these MBBS Abroad universities are recognized by WHO as well.
- After completion of the MBBS Abroad course from these universities’ candidates can practice abroad as well as in India if they intend to coming back.
- These universities use top-quality machines, laboratories, and other facilities.
- Many of universities allow direct admission at low fees.
- Most of the universities are located in places that are safe for the students.
- Studying MBBS Abroad from foreign countries increases the options of the students.
- The hostels are well equipped with modern facilities and amenities.
Features of MBBS Abroad
Some of the features that attract Indian students include:
- Most of the universities teach the course in bilingual language with English as a course medium.
- As the course is also offered in English helps the students communicate with the teachers easily.
- Most colleges have an excellent student-teacher ratio.
- The presence of decent fees allows students to study here with ease.
- Some colleges and universities abroad allow students to pay tuition fees in installments.
- The students can avail scholarship programs.
- Students can apply for an education loan as well.
Duration of MBBS Abroad
The following information about the mandate of the MBBS course might be useful for students:
- The course duration in most top universities is of 6 years.
- Out of these, the last year is generally kept for an internship.
- Generally, a good base is created for the students in the first two years.
- It helps them to imbibe medical education in their later years.
- Towards the end of the degree, they will have practical knowledge of specific hospitals.
- Senior doctors will be present to guide them in such instances.
Eligibility Criteria for Completing MBBS from foreign countries
Students must fulfill some eligibility criteria to be able to complete the degree. The section provides an idea of the essential criteria for completing MBBS from Abroad:
- The age of the student should be 17 or more.
- He should have passed Class 12 with Science.
- For general students, an aggregate of 50 is essential in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- For SC, ST, and OBC, the criteria are 45% or 40%.
- The maximum age for the candidate should not be more than 25.
- Students should have a passport.
Information to Keep in Mind Before Studying MBBS from foreign countries
When a student goes to study MBBS from Abroad, there are several factors that he has to keep in mind. These factors help the student to plan his stay in a foreign country:
- In most countries, the MBBS Abroad courses start either in September or in October.
- They should remember that these universities accept students on a first-come, first basis.
- Students should have some knowledge of the infrastructure provided by the university.
- In most universities, the winter vacation lasts from January to February.
- Additionally, the summer vacation of the college happens from July to August.
- Candidates should remember that some of the universities might have their age criteria.
- They should check the university websites before applying for admission.
- In addition to this, the accommodation facilities and food provided by the university should also be checked.
- The university fees are an essential factor, so students should verify the prices and the payment method.
Recognition of Medical Certification / MBBS from foreign countries
The students should always choose a university recognized by the following organizations:
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates or ECFMG
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research or FAIMER
- World Federation for Medical Education or WFME
Essential Documents for Completing MBBS from foreign countries
The following documents are necessary for abroad admission in MBBS course:
- Marksheet of both Class 10 as well as Class 12.
- Application form of the university.
- The NEET scorecard.
- School Transfer Certificate.
- Valid Passport and VISA.
- No Objection Certificate.
- A large number of passport-size photos.
- Medical Check-up certificate.
- No criminal record certificate.
- Bank statement of the guardian.
- Birth certificate of the student.
- Code of Conduct Certificate
- School Leaving certificate
Admission Procedure for MBBS Abroad
For having admission to MBBS Abroad student has to first get admitted to the university. The admission process is given below:
- First, the student has to clear the National Medical Admission Test
- Then he has to fill up the online application form properly.
- After filling up the form he will get the offer letter from the university.
- Then he should pay the Fees for MBBS Abroad.
- After payment of fees, the candidate should submit the essential documents.
- This starts the VISA process.
- After getting the VISA he can go abroad and study at the universities there.
Things to Note for MBBS in Abroad
The below-mentioned information might be helpful to the students if they decide to study MBBS Abroad:
- Generally, the application date for most universities lies in June or July.
- So, students must be extra cautious during these times.
- After the application for seats, it generally takes two weeks to get the admission letter.
- VISA can generally be got within two months.
Advantages of MBBS Abroad
There are numerous advantages of completing MBBS Abroad. These are given below:
- Most universities do not accept donations.
- Fees for MBBS from foreign countries are quite economical.
- As they are approved by NMC so students can practice in both India and abroad.
- This increases the scope for the students.
- Many countries have a large patient base.
- Provides them with a chance to compete with medical students from other countries as well.
- Female students are safer in many of these countries.
- Most of these countries generally have a good atmosphere for the students.
- Recognition by WHO and NMC allows them to sit for global exams.
- Many of these countries provide state-of-the-art technology for students.
- All of these are available to the students at a decent cost.
Destinations for MBBS Abroad for Indian Students
The following are some of the countries from where they can complete their course:
- MBBS in China
- MBBS in Georgia
- MBBS in Kazakhstan
- MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
- MBBS in Philippines
- MBBS in Russia
- MBBS in Ukraine
Scholarship for Students Pursuing MBBS Abroad
Many international students offer scholarship opportunities to students.
- Candidates have to produce good results to get these.
- Candidates need to show a good level of awareness to get these.
- International candidates can also get these scholarships.
Accommodation of Students Studying MBBS Abroad
Accommodation is essential for a student looking for MBBS Abroad. Most top universities provide the following:
- Separate hostel for boys and girls
- Many of the hostels contain air conditioners and well-furnished rooms.
- Some of these hotels contain facilities like television, washing machine, refrigerator, etc.
- Some hostels contain facilities for indoor sports as well.
- Most top universities contain a hygienic kitchen.
- Most of the universities and hostels are located in safe places.
- Several hostels allowing students to Study MBBS Abroad have a common hall.
Syllabus for MBBS in Abroad
|1ST Year||Basic Science subjects – Anatomy, Physiology and Bio-chemistry with some learning of Community Medicine|
|2ND Year||Para-clinical subjects – Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine with Community Medicine|
|3RD Year Part I||Ophthalmology, ENT and Community Medicine|
|Part II||Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Pediatrics|
Education Loan Facilities for the Students
Many universities also provide the advantage of education load. More information is provided in the section:
- For getting a loan, students have to show the proper documents.
- The student going abroad for education has to apply to the private or national bank for a loan.
- Sometimes students can get facilities for repayment of the loan as well.
Challenges Faced by Indian Students Completing MBBS Abroad
There are several challenges faced by a student looking for MBBS Abroad. These are
- Many of the universities are located in places not ideal for Indian students.
- On many occasions, students are unable to understand the local language.
- Harsh weather conditions in some countries are a hurdle.
- All universities are not accredited by NMC (National Medical Commission) and WHO.
Advantages for Indian Students who have not done well in NEET
Many students are unable to produce good results in NEET. It results in massive disappointment. Studying MBBS from Abroad helps the student in the following manner:
- The shortage of seats prevents many students from studying medicine every year.
- In addition to this, private universities charge exorbitant prices.
- So many students are unable to get MBBS seats in the universities.
- Many of the universities abroad provide MBBS Abroad at a low fee.
- So, students can quickly complete the degree of MBBS from abroad.
Enjoyment Opportunities for the Students in MBBS Abroad
A student studying MBBS from Abroad has many facilities that they can enjoy. Some of them are
- A student in Medical universities Abroad can use top-quality machines and devices.
- Can make friends from different cultures.
- Speak with local people and gain knowledge about the community.
- Additionally, the student can practice his course in the USA as well.
- It will provide the student with an opportunity to go sightseeing at these places.
Some Points that a Student Pursuing MBBS Abroad should always remember
Whenever students study MBBS from Abroad, they should keep the following things in mind:
- The university should be located in a safe place.
- University should be such that they should quickly get their daily necessities.
- They should have detailed knowledge about the university.
- VISA rules keep changing from time to time. So, they should always know the latest VISA rules.
- Indian students attempting to study abroad should be careful of fraud agents.
- In addition to this, they should also be aware of the currency conversion rates.
- Knowledge about the rights of international students is pivotal for them to be successful.
Essential Costs During an MBBS from Abroad Course
Student doing MBBS from a foreign university has to be very careful about the costs involved. The following are the essential costs involved during MBBS Abroad in a foreign country:
- MBBS Abroad low fee attracts several students to the universities that are present abroad.
- Students need to have good knowledge about the cost of living in the area.
- Many significant universities provide scholarship opportunities to students.
Expenses for Students While Completing MBBS from Abroad
Though MBBS abroad is a low fee, however, there are other expenses while staying abroad as well. These are
- The accommodation fees at the hostels.
- The cost of food in the country.
- Daily expenses of the student pursuing the course.
Preparations for NMC and USMLE
Most significant universities prepare the students for NMC and USMILE. It helps them to score good marks on the tests. A brief idea about the nature of preparation is provided here:
- Most top universities start the preparation from the first year itself.
- The topics are explained in a detailed manner to the student.
- In case he has any problems, he can ask the professor to solve the doubts.
- The universities also conduct tests that help in the time management of the students.
Other Popular Countries for Studying MBBS from Abroad
|MBBS in Uzbekistan||MBBS in Tajikistan||MBBS in Bosnia|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||MBBS in Bulgaria||MBBS in Mauritius|
|MBBS in Moldova||MBBS in Germany||MBBS in Latvia|
|MBBS in Central America||MBBS in Lithuania||MBBS in USA|
|MBBS in Ireland||MBBS in Caribbean Islands||MBBS in Spain|
|MBBS in United Kingdom||MBBS in Malaysia||MBBS in Philippines|
|MBBS in Turkey||MBBS in Czech Republic||MBBS in Canada|
Career Opportunities after Completing MBBS from Abroad
The primary aim of a student studying MBBS Abroad is to practice as a doctor.
- He can practice as a doctor in the country from where he passed the course.
- He can come back to India and practice after clearing the NMC screening test.
- The candidate doing an MBBS Abroad course abroad can also look to complete an MBA.
- Another advantage is students can finish the PG course from Germany or the USA.
- They can also sit for the FMGE exam.
- The course allows students to sit for the USMLE test.
- It, in turn, allows them to pursue a career in the USA as well.
To avail yourself with more precise information and counseling about studying MBBS Abroad, we at the A R Group Of Education is here to guide you with every piece of information related to your medical studies. We guide you through our highly experienced professionals who make sure to walk in every step of your journey and help you achieve your dream course in your dream college.