West Bengal, the solitary state with numerous rivers and a diverse amount of history, has always been a topic of discussion for us. Also known as one of mediaeval India’s richest regions. West Bengal has never left any stone unturned in terms of leadership and field. Today, we will be discussing one of India’s most prestigious courses, MBBS. It is a 5-year, 6-month undergraduate medical programme that requires a lot of determination and hard work.
In West Bengal, there are a total of 23 MBBS colleges. There are 16 government and 7 private MBBS colleges among these. To help you avoid confusion and dilemma, the A R Group Of Education is here to assist you in selecting the best college for yourself. In addition, to make your process more convenient.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in West Bengal
To pursue an MBBS degree, applicants must pass the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test, also known as NEET. Before applying for the entrance exam, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements set by the authorities. The basic eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission to the list of MBBS colleges in West Bengal are listed below:
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old to be eligible for the NEET-UG.
- 10+ 2 must have passed/appeared
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English are required subjects in 10+2.
- Class 12 or equivalent examination with 50% in general, 40% in SC/ST/OBC, and 45% in general-PH.
- For state quota seats, students must meet the West Bengal NEET domicile criteria.
Top MBBS Colleges in West Bengal
- KPC Medical College and Hospital, Jadavpur
- Shri Ramkrishna Institute of Medical Sciences and Sanaka Hospitals, Durgapur
- IQ City Medical College and Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Durgapur
- Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Kolkata
- ICARE Institute of Medical Science and Research and Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy Hospital, Haldia
West Bengal MBBS Colleges Admission Procedure
To secure a seat in one of West Bengal’s top MBBS colleges, candidates must be familiar with the admission process. The NEET UG scores are used to determine West Bengal MBBS admission. The counselling will be conducted online by the Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW) in Kolkata.
Candidates should be aware that the DHFW will be in charge of admission to MBBS colleges in West Bengal for 85% of the seats under state quota and 100% of the seats in private medical colleges. MCC will conduct the remaining 15% All India Quota seats from government colleges. The detailed admission procedure is available to students below.
- For admission to AIQ seats in the MBBS course, students must register at mcc.nic.in.
- To apply for state quota admission to MBBS colleges in West Bengal, students must fill out an online application form at wbmcc.nic.in/ug.
- The authorities will then release the merit list, which will include the names of students who are eligible for admission to top MBBS colleges in West Bengal.
- During online counselling, shortlisted candidates must submit their course and college preferences.
- Authorities admit shortlisted candidates based on their choices submitted by applicants, NEET rank, available seats, reservation, and other criteria.
- Selected students must report to the medical college of their choice in West Bengal for document verification and the completion of the admission process.
ROLE OF A R GROUP OF EDUCATION FOR YOUR ADMISSION:
The A R Group Of Education believes in giving aspirants’ dreams wings.
So far, we have attempted to provide our clients with the best possible suggestions to help them achieve their goals. As a result, we never stop striving to ensure that every student and parent recognises the importance of higher education in today’s world. We work to shape a better tomorrow by improving education. As a result, if you want your child to be admitted to an MBBS programme in another country, you should contact the A R GROUP OF EDUCATION, India’s leading MBBS admission provider. We guarantee that we will provide you with the best facilities available to secure your child’s future.