Baba Farid University of Health Sciences has issued the guidelines for the admission procedure in postgraduate degrees degree/diploma MD /MS/PG diploma and six months of training in ultrasonography in the health science educational institutions in the state of Punjab of the 2023 session. Only candidates who have qualified for NEET PG are eligible to apply for admission to both government and private medical colleges in Punjab.
Punjab NEET PG 2023 Overview
|Name of the admission
|Punjab PG medical admission
|NEET PG scores
|Name of the counselling authority
|Baba Faridkot university of health services, Punjab
|Number of seats ( tentative )
|719 MD/MS/PG diploma seats & 109 MD Seats
Punjab NEET PG 2023 admission criteria:
Before applying for the medical courses, candidates must review the Punjab PG medical eligibility requirements. This list includes the requirements for Punjab NEET PG admissions in 2023.
- Aspirants must have completed an MBBS degree from a recognized medical college.
- Aspirants are required to get 12 month certificate of internship issued on or before March 31, 2023.
- Candidates must provide the permanent registration certificate which should be issued by the medical council of India or the state medical council.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to secure a minimum NEET PG 2023 cutoff.
NEET PG cut off 2023
|General – Pwd
Punjab NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- To take admission in postgraduate courses One-year compulsory rotatory internship is required and the candidate should be registered with the state Medical Council/Dental Council.
- Cutoff date for the completion of the internship will be fixed by the NMC/DCI. However, the condition of a one-year compulsory rotatory internship does not apply to those candidates who have been specifically exempted.
- The candidates who, after passing the final qualifying examination (MBBS/BDS or the foreign Medical/Dental or a dental degree recognized by GOI/MCl/DCI), are undergoing a 12-month compulsory rotatory Internship/practical training and are likely to complete the same by the date as decided by NMC/DCI, will be eligible for admission provided they complete the compulsory rotatory Internship and obtain provisional or permanent registration. Such a candidate will have to produce a certificate from the head of the institution stating that they will complete the internship by the date decided by NMC/DCI.
Distribution of Seats in the Institutions would be
In the government colleges, 50% of the total seats will be filled by the government of India at the All India level and the remaining 50% of seats shall be filled at the state level as state quota seats. All state quota seats in the general, PWD, and EWS categories will be institutional preference seats.
Dayanand medical college ( DMC ), Ludhiana
|Open merit category ( govt quota )
|NRI quota out of management quota
Christian medical college (CMC) and Christian dental college (CDC ), Ludhiana
|NRI quota out of general quota
|Sikh minority quota
|NRI quota out of Sikh minority quota
Adesh university of health sciences and research, Bathinda
|For Bonafide residents of punjab
|Candidates from other states
Private universities have allowed 15% NRI seats of the total seats.
Punjab NEET PG 2023 Application fee
|Name of course
|Fee per year ( rs in lacs )
|MD / MS / MDS*
|MD/MS ( basic sciences )
|Name of course
|Fee per year ( in RS )
|NRI seat fee for the full course in US $
|MD/MS ( basic sciences )
Punjab NEET PG 2023 Counselling
- The Punjab NEET PG counseling will be conducted in two rounds with a mop-up round.
- Aspirants must provide the names of the colleges and courses they are interested in for their careers.
- MD/MS Admission will be determined based on the preferences, state merit rank, and the availability of seats.
- Aspirants who receive seats must report to the allotted college for verification and to complete the admission process .
- Applicants who are admitted through All India counseling must present their original certificates or letter of consent from their chosen college
- The university must revoke the admission if they do not meet the requirements of the university or notification issued by the Punjab government.
- The candidates must pay the tuition fee in the form demand draft at baba farid university of health science, at Faridkot.
- If any candidate fails to pay the tuition fee, their provisional selection will be cancelled without any intimation to the candidate.
Documents to be Carried
- NEET PG admit card 2023
- Allotment submission form
- Secondary school certificate for date of birth proof
- Application form copy
- NEET PG 2023 result
- Compulsory rotatory internship certificate
- MBBS pass certificate form a recognized institute of MCI
- Original copy of photo ID proof (Voter ID/PAN card/Driving License) for biometric verification
- A set of photocopy of all the above-mentioned documents