Russia remained a top study-abroad destination for Indian medical students, with a reported 18,039 Indian students studying in the country in the year 2022. Although the Indian Ministry of External Affairs does not specifically track the courses of study pursued by these students, data from the National Board of Examinations (NBE) indicates that in 2021, 4,515 Indian students sat for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) and 1,119 of them successfully passed the screening test.
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia
- Must have obtained at least a 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects in their Class 12 board examination.
- Should have qualified for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) with a minimum score that places them in the 50th percentile or above.
- Must have a medical clearance certifying that they are free from any contagious diseases.
- The minimum age requirement is 17 years.
- In Russia, an MBBS degree is a six-year program, with five years dedicated to academic study and one year for an internship.
- Dentistry and pharmacy courses last for five years, and nursing courses last for four years.
- The first three years focus on the theoretical part, while the latter three years focus on practical training.
- There are 12 semesters in total, with each year divided into two semesters.
- After completing four years, students receive a bachelor’s degree and a diploma in higher education.
- Students can continue their studies and pursue a Master’s program.
- The academic session typically begins between September and October in Russia.
The Admission Process to Study MBBS in Russia
- Admission to MBBS courses in Russia does not require an entrance exam.
- Interested students must visit the website of the university/institute they wish to apply to and fill out the corresponding application form.
- Students are required to submit all necessary documents, such as proof of identity and educational qualifications.
- University authorities will verify the submitted information and will contact selected students via email.
MBBS Fees in Russia
- The MBBS fees in Russia for Indian students are lower compared to other countries like the US, UK.
- The full-time MBBS degree program typically costs can range between 5000 USD to 6000 USD per academic year.
- Other daily expenses, such as food, transportation and study materials should also be taken into account when budgeting for the study mbbs in Russia.
Best Colleges to Study MBBS in Russia
Here are the popular MBBS colleges in Russia:
- Altai State University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Belgorod State University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- First Moscow State Medical University
- Pirogov Russian National University
- Voronezh State Medical University
- Samara State Medical University
Studying MBBS abroad opens doors to many opportunities to gain an international perspective, experience diverse cultures, and access quality education at affordable cost.