MBBS is a highly reputed undergraduate program in the field of medicine, with several esteemed medical colleges offering this course in Uttar Pradesh. The duration of the MBBS course in Uttar Pradesh is 5.5 years, including one year of internship.
The admission process for MBBS in Uttar Pradesh is on the basis of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Candidates who have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects are eligible to appear for NEET. Based on their NEET scores, candidates can participate in the counselling process for admission to MBBS colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
While NEET is the preferred entrance examination, some universities in Uttar Pradesh may also conduct their own entrance exams for MBBS admissions. However, NEET scores hold crucial weightage in the admission process. Aspiring MBBS candidates should thoroughly research and verify the eligibility criteria, admission process, and other details of their preferred colleges before submitting their applications to take admission to MBBS in U.P.
UP MBBS Admission 2023
|Admission Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Training, Uttar Pradesh|
|Frequency||Once a year|
UP MBBS Admission 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for the general category.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates require a minimum of 40% marks in each subject.
- Physically handicapped candidates (general category) need at least 45% marks in the specified subjects.
- Residents of Uttar Pradesh or those who passed the 10+2 exams from Uttar Pradesh are eligible.
- NEET entrance exam appearance and registration for counselling are mandatory.
UP MBBS Admission Process 2023
- Register on the official website and pay a registration fee of INR 2000.
- Pay a refundable security deposit via Demand Draft to the Directorate of Medical Education and Training.
- Verify documents at the designated nodal centres within the given timeframe.
- Log in and select preferred colleges in order of preference.
- DMET reviews preferences and releases the seat allotment list.
- Report to the allotted college before the specified deadline.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Uttar Pradesh Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Printed Online Registration Form
- Receipt of Registration Fee
NEET UG previous year Cutoff
Mentioned below is the cut-off of different categories of NEET UG 2023
|Category||NEET 2022 Cutoff||NEET Cut-off Marks||Number of Candidates|
|UR/EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||328|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||160|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||56|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||13|
Study MBBS in Uttar Pradesh
- MBBS fees in Uttar Pradesh are comparatively lower than many other states in India, making it a cost-effective choice for students seeking medical education.
- Uttar Pradesh offers a rich cultural heritage, creating a lively and enriching student life experience.
- Uttar Pradesh provides medical students with extensive opportunities to gain hands-on experience and exposure to a wide range of medical conditions.
- The presence of numerous hospitals and healthcare facilities in Uttar Pradesh opens up excellent careers for medical graduates in both the government and private sectors.
List of a medical college in Uttar Pradesh
Mentioned below is the list of colleges, seat intake and fee structure of U.P:
|Name of Medical College||Seats Intake||Course fee annually|
|Government Medical College, Rampur, Basti||100||2.09 Lacs|
|Krishna Mohan medical college||150||11,73,856/-|
|Santosh medical college||150||24,00,000/-|
|Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi||150||3.83 Lacs|
|Autonomous State Medical College Society, Hardoi||100||NA|
|Autonomous State Medical College Society Ghazipur||100||NA|
|Uma Nath Singh Autonomous State Medical College Society Jaunpur||100||NA|
|Government Medical College, Firozabad||100||2.09 Lacs|
|Government Medical College & Super facility Hospital, Azamgarh||100||1.77 Lacs|
|Government Allopathic Medical College, Banda||–||2.45 Lacs|