BCECEB, the governing body of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board, is responsible for organizing the Undergraduate Medical Admission Counselling (UGMAC) process. This process includes the allocation of seats for both 100% private and 85% state quota government seats in medical colleges throughout the state.
Bihar NEET Counselling 2023 Overview
|Admission name||Bihar MBBS admission|
|Counselling authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Admission on the basis of||Scores obtained in NEET UG exam|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|Seats to be allotted (tentative)||1,125 MBBS and 243 BDS seats|
Bihar MBBS Admission is conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) based on the scores obtained in the NEET UG exam conducted by the National Testing Agency. The counselling process is conducted for admission to 1,125 MBBS and 243 BDS seats in various medical and dental colleges across the state of Bihar. Candidates who have qualified in the NEET UG exam and meet the eligibility criteria can participate in the counselling process. The counselling process will include registration, choice filling, seat allotment, and document verification.
Previous Years NEET cutoff Bihar – 85% State Quota Government College
Bihar Government Medical College Fees Structure
|Name of the College||Tuition Fees|
|Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya||6,000|
|Darbhanga Medical College, Lehriasarai||6,315|
|Government Medical College, Bettiah||6,000|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences,Sheikhpura, Patna||81,667|
|Jannayak Karpoori Thakur Medical College & Hospital, Madhepura, Bihar||6,315|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur||6,300|
|Patna Medical College, Patna||6,100|
|Shri Krishna Medical College, Muzzafarpur||6,000|
|Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri, Nalanda||6,000|
|Nalanda Medical College, Patna||6,100|
Admission procedure for counselling
- NEET result is declared.
- Counselling starts in the respective state.
- Candidates must register themselves on the counselling website.
- The registration process will only be considered complete after the payment of counselling fees.
- After registration, candidates can fill in their preferred college choices.
- The seats will be allotted based on the candidate’s preference and marks scored in NEET 2023
- Candidates can download the allotment letter once the seats are allotted.
- They must report to the assigned college for final admission.
- Candidates must carry the required original documents along with photocopies during reporting to the college.
- It is important to ensure that all the necessary documents are carried out to avoid any issues during admission.
Eligibility for counselling 2023
- Candidates must be residents of Bihar to be eligible for the counseling process.
- The candidate must have passed the 12th standard examination from a recognized board, including the CBSE Board.
- Mandatory subjects in the 12th class include Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
- Candidates who have completed their 11th and 12th class education in Bihar are eligible for the counseling process.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their 10+2 exam. Reserved category candidates require a minimum of 40% marks.
- To be eligible for the counseling process, the candidate must have qualified for the NEET 2023 exam with at least 50% marks. For UR-PWD candidates, a minimum of 45% marks is required, while SC, ST, OBC, SC-PWD, ST-PWD, and OBC-PWD candidates require a minimum of 40% marks.
Documents required for NEET UG 2023 Bihar
- NEET 2023 Admit Card
- 10th Mark Sheet, Admit Card & Passing Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet, Admit Card, and Mark sheet.
- Character Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate and Permanent Residential Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
Bihar Medical College MBBS Seat Matrix
|Name of Medical College||Category||Annual Intake|
|Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya||Govt.||120|
|Darbhanga Medical College, Lehriasarai||Govt.||120|
|Government Medical College, Bettiah||Govt.||120|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences,Sheikhpura, Patna||Govt.||120|
|Jannayak Karpoori Thakur Medical College & Hospital, Madhepura, Bihar||Govt.||100|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur||Govt.||120|
|Patna Medical College, Patna||Govt.||200|
|Shri Krishna Medical College, Muzzafarpur||Govt.||120|
|Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences, Pawapuri, Nalanda||Govt.||120|
|Nalanda Medical College, Patna||Govt.||150|
|ESIC Medical College & Hospital , Bihta||Govt.||60|
|Katihar Medical College, Katihar||Private||150|
|Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital, Saharsa||Private||100|
|Madhubani Medical College, Madhubani||Private||150|
|Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College, Kishanganj||Private||100|
|RDJM Medical College , Muzzafarpur||Private||150|
|Narayan Medical College & Hospital, Sasaram||Private||150|
|Netaji Subhas Medical College & Hospital, Amhara, Bihta, Patna||Private||100|
Previous Years NEET cutoff Bihar for Private Medical College