Established in the year 1908, the University of British Columbia in British Columbia’s oldest center for teaching, learning and research. The University has been consistently ranked among the top 20 Universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most International University. With the motto that states ‘It is Yours’ the University of British Columbia commits to attracting and supporting those who have the willingness to shape a better world.
UBC houses more than 65,000 students from Canada and 140+ other countries on two campuses: the Vancouver Campus and Okanagan Campus. Vancouver Campus is the main campus and home to 44,000 Undergraduate and nearly 10,000 Graduate students. The Okanagan campus is an intimate learning community delivering Undergraduate and Graduate programs to almost 9,120 students under eight faculties and schools.
University of British Columbia courses offers graduate, undergraduate degree program, joint academic program, exchange, and distance education programs enabling students to choose among the various subjects according to their area of interest. It is home to TRIUMF, Canada’s National Laboratory for particle and nuclear physics, which has the world’s largest cyclotron. Also, the students are given an opportunity to study under the guidance of an expert professional with Nobel Prize and other prestigious awards and titles.
University of British Columbia Rankings :
This University has received the best rankings in the world. The University of British Columbia was ranked:
- Among the 20 top universities in the world
- Recognized as North America’s most International University
Highlights for the University of British Columbia:
|Campus||Vancouver Campus and Okanagan Campus|
|Rank||Among the 20 top universities in the world Recognized as North America’s most International University|
|Affiliations||Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU)Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL)U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities,|
|Contact Details||Vancouver Campus: 604 822 2211 Okanagan Campus: 250 807 8000|
The University of British Columbia Application Process :
The University of British Columbia invites thousands of elite students from Canada and across the world every year to be a part of their curriculums. The application process can be completed in four simple steps:
- Plan to UBC: The students need to put a thought about the career they wish to pursue and choose the Grade courses accordingly.
- Choose what to study: The applicants are given an opportunity to select first and second choice of degree which determines their program options in the second and third years of study.
- Write your personal profile: To check whether the candidate is a good fit for UBC, they are asked to write a personal profile that talks about their achievements and experiences.
- Complete the application: The final step to carefully fill out the required details and complete the application process. Once the form is submitted, the aspirant must upload the documents and plan the finances. :
Other Trending Colleges in Canada:
- Queen’s University
- McMaster University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Waterloo
- University of Victoria
- University of Sherbrooke
Established in the year 1908, the UBC is ranked among the top 20 Universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most International University, and a global center teaching, learning, and research. With a total of 17,225 international students from 160+ countries, UBC is home to 64,798 students in Vancouver, Canada.
As one of the top 40 universities, UBC attracts students from around the globe. UBC’s admission process and requirements vary depending on the programs and student category. International applicants are required to have official transcripts, English language proficiency, and test scores as mentioned below :
- All Official transcripts.
- Letter of Recommendations.
- Personal Statement.
- English Language Proficiency test scores like TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent.
Average Tuition Fees
In recent years, tuition fees increases have been 2% for continuing domestic students and between 2% and 5% for continuing international students. While planning for tuition fees and other costs, you will need to consider tuition, books, meals, living costs, and more. UBC offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs and also supports the students through scholarships, bursaries, and other financial aid programs. The average tuition fees for some programs are as mentioned below :
- Engineering: $34,681
- Media Studies: $28,539
- International Economics: $34,524
- Nursing: $28,593
- Masters in Architecture: $32,703
- Master of Engineering- Biomedical Engineering: $15,793
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): $46,835
- Master of Applied Science- Electrical & Computer Engineering: $6714
|Degree Type||Tuition Fees|
The application process for the University of British Columbia is:
- The applicant should select the preferred programs from a diverse list of courses and campuses.
- He/ she should check the general and specific admission requirements including English language proficiency.
- The applicant should submit the completed application with the specified non-refundable fee of $118.50.
- The student should keep updated with incoming emails for admission-related updates and wait for an offer of a place.
There are various services available like accommodation for domestic and international students at UBC. Below are the fees details about average annual tuition, accommodation, and application :
- Textbooks: $413
- Rent: $12,159
- Groceries/ Food: $2907
- Entertainment: $720
- Health insurance: $338
Average Annual Tuition Fees$29,680Average Accommodation$6,428Application Fees$118.50
UBC offers a wide range of programs, courses, services, and policies, and also supports the students through scholarships, bursaries, and other financial aid programs. Below are the fees for courses such as masters, bachelor, and diploma at UBC :
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Computer Science: $6714
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Data Science: $30,573
- Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D.] Chemistry: $6714
- Diploma Theological Studies: $5058
- Graduate Certificate [Grad. Cert] Global Surgical Care: $6714