The NEET PG counselling for 2023 is organized by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and can be accessed through the official website, mcc.nic.in. Eligible candidates are able to participate in the counselling process by completing the registration process on the official website. The link for registration will be made available here once it becomes accessible. The NEET PG 2023 counselling dates are expected to be announced shortly as per the most recent update.
NEET PG 2023: Availability of seats and Counselling
The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of DGHS is responsible for conducting counselling for :
- 50% of All India Quota seats
- 100% of Deemed/Central Universities seats
- 100% of all India open DNB seats.
Some Important Points
- NEET-PG 2023 is the only exam for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for 2023-24.
- The exam covers All India 50% quota seats, state quota seats, private medical colleges, universities/deemed universities, Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions, Post MBBS DNB Courses, Direct 6 years DrNB Courses and Post MBBS NBEMS Diploma Courses.
- AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute are not part of centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG for the 2023-24 session.
- No separate entrance exams for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses will be held by state governments or private medical colleges/universities for the admission session 2023-24.
Counselling Procedure for NEET PG 2023
NEET PG-Types of Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank: This is the candidate’s overall merit position among all those who appeared for NEET-PG 2023 and are eligible for All India 50% quota counselling. It is only valid for All India 50% quota MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses for the 2023-24 admission session.
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank: This is the candidate’s overall merit position in the category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS) they opted for in NEET-PG 2023. It is only valid for All India 50% quota MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses among candidates of the same category who are eligible for All India 50% quota counselling.
NEET PG 2023 State Counselling
State governments and counselling authorities have the responsibility of determining the eligibility of candidates for seats in their respective states. To ensure that this process is fair and efficient, customized application forms should be created based on the state eligibility criteria, reservation policies, and benefits for in-service candidates or those who have undergone rural/difficult area postings.
NEET PG 2023 Counselling and Reservation
The reservation of PG medical seats will follow the rules set by the Indian government and respective state governments. A notification released by the Ministry of Home Affairs on 4th March 2021 stated that OCI/PIO candidates will be treated as foreigners and can only apply for NRI seats. They cannot apply for Indian national seats such as All India Quota, State Quota, Paid Management seats of Deemed universities, and Private medical colleges.counseling procedure for the NEET PG?